Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.johnmaclean.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
commercial and fine-art photographer
Why does the Mopar extended warranty start on the Jeep's 'in-service' date, and not the date you purchase the warranty? My 2021 is coming up on 2 years old and a 7 year warranty is really just 5. Seems like false advertising.
Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Why does the Mopar extended warranty start on the Jeep's 'in-service' date, and not the date you purchase the warranty? My 2021 is coming up on 2 years old and a 7 year warranty is really just 5. Seems like false advertising.
Definitely one of those read the fine print things.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Not much falsely advertised - it clearly says 7 years from new and whatever miles from 0
Pretty standard from anyone in these regards
Just make sure to get the maxcare and get a good deal from one of our forum guys like winkel

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I used to think that, too. But with the cost of repairs rising out of control, it seems like a good insurance.

For instance, when you consider that the head unit alone costs $2,000 to replace; a $1,200 extended warranty seems like a no-brainer.

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I've flipped back and forth on a warranty so many times. I've never purchased one, ever, but this Jeep really worries me, long term. I'm at 22, so I have 14 to decide.

I think in the future I'm a leasing candidate. That's a huge rip-off too tho and I drive way too many miles for one to be even halfway a decent value.

Ugh.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I've flipped back and forth on a warranty so many times. I've never purchased one, ever, but this Jeep really worries me, long term. I'm at 22, so I have 14 to decide.

I think in the future I'm a leasing candidate. That's a huge rip-off too tho and I drive way too many miles for one to be even halfway a decent value.

Ugh.
Just so you know, the closer you are to your mileage/year expiration for the factory provided bumper to bumper, the more expensive the extended warranty becomes.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Just so you know, the closer you are to your mileage/year expiration for the factory provided bumper to bumper, the more expensive the extended warranty becomes.
Yeah, I know. Thanks for the heads up tho.

I doubt I'll do it anyway, it just pisses me off this is the ONLY time I've ever had to consider one.

Honestly, my trigger point to dump it is when (not if) the paint bubbling starts.

I'm hoping by then there is a solid CAL with teeth in place to protect all affected.

Deleted member 59498

The cost of my warranty would not pay for hardly anything that breaks on these or any new car. 1200 bucks might buy couple of things if I was able to replace myself. Power train is pretty limited to actual internal parts.
Sponsored