Extended warranty and antirust

TheCanadianJeeper

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2019
Hey guys, I’m about to go and pick up my jlu 2019 , vehicles that I intend to do lots of modifications, Metalcloak lift, 37 tires and so on.. was offered the 5 years extended warranty and a one time antirust treatment good for life and transferable for 2100$ CAD, about 1700$US, should I take it . Thanks for all the reply
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
I'd say no to the Antirust treatment. Just say to the dealer "Are you telling me the factory doesn't do a good enough job of rust proofing these Jeeps?" I would love to hear their response.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Why did I read this as "antitrust"....... :cwl:

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
who is providing the warranty on the rust? If it rust what do they do refund your cost of the rust proofing?

I do it myself, paint everything underneath, flood ell the inner frames rockers etc

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I take mine to LineX. Any sign of rust, I take it back and LineX does their thing. So far, I have had no issues, but I do believe that it needs to be reapplied at least every 5 years for best results. I've ran an endoscope in the JK frame and I see no signs of rust.

J Holly

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I take mine to LineX. Any sign of rust, I take it back and LineX does their thing. So far, I have had no issues, but I do believe that it needs to be reapplied at least every 5 years for best results. I've ran an endoscope in the JK frame and I see no signs of rust.
How much is this generally?

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I've never had an antirust treatment. I'm not an offroader, much that I don't think mud, but rather salted roads and coastal locales might be more justification for such treatments.

I do wash and wax my vehicles at least several times a year.

I do live in a climate where snow and ice on the roads is dealt with by the municipalities laying down salt on the roadways.

I've had little rust on my rigs, anymore than that I've had I'm not certain that anti-rust would have (or not have) prevented/mediated.

I completely get that legitimate reason for such treatments may exist, especially for some owners more than others based upon things like that discussed above, but something about this treatment just rubs me the wrong way, like the salesman asking, "would you like windows with those vehicle doors?" (Wrangler half doors notwithstanding.)

"Um....YES!, they're not included?"

I'd like to think that manufacturer's account (and should account) for 92% or higher of the rust protection many will need, especially if owners clean their rigs, but I could be entirely wrong, and it's hard, carwashes notwithstanding, to take a hose to your rig in the cold of February: ironically enough when it might need it most.

OP
OP
TheCanadianJeeper

TheCanadianJeeper

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2019
I've never had an antirust treatment. I'm not an offroader, much that I don't think mud, but rather salted roads and coastal locales might be more justification for such treatments.

I do wash and wax my vehicles at least several times a year.

I do live in a climate where snow and ice on the roads is dealt with by the municipalities laying down salt on the roadways.

I've had little rust on my rigs, anymore than that I've had I'm not certain that anti-rust would have (or not have) prevented/mediated.

I completely get that legitimate reason for such treatments may exist, especially for some owners more than others based upon things like that discussed above, but something about this treatment just rubs me the wrong way, like the salesman asking, "would you like windows with those vehicle doors?" (Wrangler half doors notwithstanding.)

"Um....YES!, they're not included?"

I'd like to think that manufacturer's account (and should account) for 92% or higher of the rust protection many will need, especially if owners clean their rigs, but I could be entirely wrong, and it's hard, carwashes notwithstanding, to take a hose to your rig in the cold of February: ironically enough when it might need it most.
Thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
so you line x the entire car or just the underneath? and do this from the get go? sorry I have no idea how that works

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
so you line x the entire car or just the underneath? and do this from the get go? sorry I have no idea how that works
Just the underneath. Well, I have them do a fabric and carpet protector, rust prevention, and an undercoating. I do it ASAP. But you can do it whenever. I highly recommend it. It just gives me some piece of mind that I am doing what I can to prevent rust :like:

PS. I don't recommend Ziebart. I've used them a couple of times, and each time the vehicle rusted :crying:.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Hey guys, I’m about to go and pick up my jlu 2019 , vehicles that I intend to do lots of modifications, Metalcloak lift, 37 tires and so on.. was offered the 5 years extended warranty and a one time antirust treatment good for life and transferable for 2100$ CAD, about 1700$US, should I take it . Thanks for all the reply
I have no experience with Anti rust, but if it only costs $200, then I think you are overpaying for extended warranty. I only paid 1500 for 7year/75K maxcare warranty with 100 deductible. And I bought it when my Jeep was near 3 years old, it is usually cheaper when new.
Sponsored