iPooted83

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone here purchased an extended warranty directly from the Mopar site? Worth it or not? Weighing my options while my JLUR is being built. I’m certain my dealer will try to sell me a grossly marked-up warranty, so I’m looking at the pros and cons.
Sponsored

Maxfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Dealer tried to sell me a brand x waranty that would have been 1600+. The Mopar waranty was just under 1800. It extends the original factory waranty to 6 years, 60,000 miles. Have never been a waranty “guy” but figured 1800.00 on a 50,000 dollar purchase not a bad gamble. Hope I never need it, fingures crossed.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Dealer tried to sell me a brand x waranty that would have been 1600+. The Mopar waranty was just under 1800. It extends the original factory waranty to 6 years, 60,000 miles. Have never been a waranty “guy” but figured 1800.00 on a 50,000 dollar purchase not a bad gamble. Hope I never need it, fingures crossed.
Peterson's offered an extended warranty from Fidelity that does not void coverage from mods - they stopped offering the Mopar one because of the 'you made a mod, you void the warrenty' mentality. In fact, it came with a lift rider. Pricey, but covers for 8 years, 100,000 miles. Since I have a near 18 year old vehicle that is just over 140,000 miles, the time will pass before mileage.

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
The BEST deal may be your insurance carrier! I was surprised to Learn that GEICO offered extended Warranty on my 2018 JL for 22.00 every six months. It covers any repair with a 250.00 deductible. This is a great deal considering most dealer warranties cost thousands.. To get the coverage the vehicle has to have under 15000 miles at the time and is good as long as you keep it. 44.00 a year is awesome. GEICO also has the best price for my coverage so it is a win/win for me. The dealer tried to sell me a 60 month coverage for 2000.00 with a 100.00 deductible. That is 2000.00 for only 2 extra years. .

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Has anyone here purchased an extended warranty directly from the Mopar site? Worth it or not? Weighing my options while my JLUR is being built. I’m certain my dealer will try to sell me a grossly marked-up warranty, so I’m looking at the pros and cons.
See if your car insurance carrier offers it. Mine did for 44.00 a year.

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi SecondTJ, What kind of deal is Clay offering? He's only an hour and a half from me and I am looking for a max care 7 or 8 year.
I purchased a Lifetime MaxCare policy from him for $2,850 right before they were discontinued in December. I'm not sure what the new 7/8 year plans sell for.

When I shopped around for prices, he had the lowest one. Even cheaper than Tom.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
I know on an average the seller makes money on extended warranties. Otherwise, they would not offer them. That said, I purchased the 7 year/75 K mile mopar max care with 100 deductible for 1500 dollars on my Grand Cherokee. I waited until my three year/36K warranty was over, otherwise the price would be a little lower, but I wanted to be sure I am keeping the vehicle. For the sirt 40K miles the WK2 was flawless. Last week, I had the backup camera go all blurry and when I took it in they found a minor radiator leaked. 1200 dollars to fix both an I paid 100. Extended warranty is more of a peace of mind thing than actual money savings in most cases.

Cubeman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Viper, 15' Hellcat Challenger, 18' SRT Durango, 13' SRT Charger
Hi SecondTJ, What kind of deal is Clay offering? He's only an hour and a half from me and I am looking for a max care 7 or 8 year.
Clay gives better then online pricing from two popular dealers that sell em online. He's a good guy.
Sponsored