Sponsored

Export stock JLUR - 2" spacer lift only, do I need shock extension brackets?

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
Hello guys,

I've got my export JLUR on some heels using a 2" spacer lift (only the spacers). I have added later the Mopar longer LCAs for improved caster. Everything else is stock, including shocks.

Now the problem is that I don't really like the ride compared to stock - every small bump or hole on the road feels now amplified quite badly. My wife also doesn't want to drive it anymore :)

Could it be that the shock extension brackets will change this if I install some? Do I really need to change the shocks?

Thanks,
Razvan
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello guys,

I've got my export JLUR on some heels using a 2" spacer lift (only the spacers). I have added later the Mopar longer LCAs for improved caster. Everything else is stock, including shocks.

Now the problem is that I don't really like the ride compared to stock - every small bump or hole on the road feels now amplified quite badly. My wife also doesn't want to drive it anymore :)

Could it be that the shock extension brackets will change this if I install some? Do I really need to change the shocks?

Thanks,
Razvan
One or the other, but the way it is now, your at the extended length end of the stroke of your shocks, not much up travel, so harsher ride. What your feeling is the shock topping out, or hitting its extended limit.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
On or the other, but the way it is now, your at the extended length end of the stroke of your shocks, not much up travel, so harsher ride. What your feeling is the shock topping out, or hitting its extended limit.
Thanks for your reply. I understand and agree with your feedback, I just want to see if shock extensions will do the trick. Still cheaper for this option instead of newer shocks which I may not need, as I use the jeep 95% on flat roads.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Thanks for your reply. I understand and agree with your feedback, I just want to see if shock extensions will do the trick. Still cheaper for this option instead of newer shocks which I may not need, as I use the jeep 95% on flat roads.
Yes the extensions will put your shocks back in the ideal range