Experience with Painting Fender Flares + Pricing

Andrew-C

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone have experience with painting rubicon fender flares a different color to match their JL? Bought a set of factory white rubicon fenders and looking to paint them sting gray. I took them to a couple body shops and got an estimate of $800+ for all four flares at both. The body shops also requested to separate the outer black part from the fenders in order to ensure a better paint job and quality of work (refer to image). Not sure this is even possible, or how difficult it would be to put them back together, but I'm thinking when it's all said and done it's going to cost me around $1,000.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Experience with Painting Fender Flares + Pricing 1626986983889
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Sounds about right on pricing since there is more prep work involved than most of us realize. Just paid about $400 for a quarter panel dent the size of a quarter to repair and paint on my wife's van. Body shops don't care what they are prepping and painting and charge plenty for the use of their time and use of a high demand paint booth. I've seen how these fender flares are assembled and you know they are painted before assembled. I agree with the body shop's assessment to disassemble to get the fender flares to look correct.