Experience with Falcon 3.3 shocks on 2.5 RK lift

Gsmith317

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
I am debating on purchasing the falcon 3.3 shocks for my daily driver. I do off-road occasionally, so wondering if these are worth the investment. Any reviews would be appreciated! Do I need the 3.3 vs 2.1?
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I am debating on purchasing the falcon 3.3 shocks for my daily driver. I do off-road occasionally, so wondering if these are worth the investment. Any reviews would be appreciated! Do I need the 3.3 vs 2.1?
My wife and I both run the 3.1 Falcon shocks with the 3.5" ST3 Teraflex lift and like it. The 3.1 and 3.3 are the same shock, the 3.3 is $400 more because it allows you the ability to adjust the stiffness of the shock. I'm told you can really dial those shocks in to your liking in terms of how soft or firm of a ride you want. I can tell you the 3.1 shocks are dialed in at the middle of the road for all around on and off road use and perform well. The ones on my Jeep have been wheeled very hard on many trails including the Rubicon and have done very well and still ride nice. The 2.1 shock is a single reservoir where the 3.1 and 3.3 are piggy back shocks and have better performance.
If money is not a major issue I'd skip the 2.1 shocks and go for the 3.1 or 3.3. Better to grow into the shock then realize you're growing out of one :)

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I both run the 3.1 Falcon shocks with the 3.5" ST3 Teraflex lift and like it. The 3.1 and 3.3 are the same shock, the 3.3 is $400 more because it allows you the ability to adjust the stiffness of the shock. I'm told you can really dial those shocks in to your liking in terms of how soft or firm of a ride you want. I can tell you the 3.1 shocks are dialed in at the middle of the road for all around on and off road use and perform well. The ones on my Jeep have been wheeled very hard on many trails including the Rubicon and have done very well and still ride nice. The 2.1 shock is a single reservoir where the 3.1 and 3.3 are piggy back shocks and have better performance.
If money is not a major issue I'd skip the 2.1 shocks and go for the 3.1 or 3.3. Better to grow into the shock then realize you're growing out of one :)
another question for you. Im looking at the 2.1 for my jeep. Getting rid of the aev 5100s as I’ve swapped springs to the mopar 2” (liner spring and soft)

what do you think. I know the shock is “firmer” but with my soft springs..

thoughts?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I think the 3.1 SP2 is a good value because you can sort of dial it in between soft and stiff by rotating the shaft. And I think once dialed in I won’t need to touch it, it will always be on soft because of how stiff the Falcon shocks are.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think the 3.1 SP2 is a good value because you can sort of dial it in between soft and stiff by rotating the shaft. And I think once dialed in I won’t need to touch it, it will always be on soft because of how stiff the Falcon shocks are.
Hmmmm... are you sure about that? I thought that was only on the 3.3, the 3.3 has a dial AND you can rotate the shaft as well. I'm going to reach out to Teraflex adn ask them.

EDIT: We have the 3.1 Series3 Type1

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
another question for you. Im looking at the 2.1 for my jeep. Getting rid of the aev 5100s as I’ve swapped springs to the mopar 2” (liner spring and soft)

what do you think. I know the shock is “firmer” but with my soft springs..

thoughts?
@mic.rempel is running those shocks with Teraflex springs and can comment.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L