GearWhore

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Anyone have experience with the ARB rock sliders they can share? All I can find on here is the post from @74bronco_nomore asking about the gap, which I don't mind.

@JurassicJeep12 how are you liking yours?

My Jeep will certainly see some trail use. It seems like even most/all of the frame-mounted sliders still have a few reports of getting pushed into the body. I like the ARB uses the 3 body bolts on each side plus the body-mounted plate. As much as I don't like the idea of drilling all those new holes in the side of the body, I know it will certainly strengthen the system. I also like that the body plate doesn't allow rocks to get trapped between the body and rock rail like the factory Rubicon sliders and many aftermarket ones (I'm always picking small pebbles out of this joint with a dental tool to prevent them from rubbing holes in the paint).

Thanks for any info/experience!

Digger 5

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
No experience with the ARB rock sliders but I had a very similar design on my JK and loved them. They keep rocks away from the side and didn't hurt my underside clearance. I checked pricing on the ARB parts and was a bit surprised the price was pretty reasonable. I do have a bit of experience with the integrit powder coat. I found it incredibly durable on my JK bumper.

OP
GearWhore

GearWhore

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Timely reply! I'm in the middle of install right now. Passenger side done, driver's side about to drill out 10mm body holes. Nerve wracking at 13 body holes & nutzerts per side! Seem very stout.

Keep stock Rubicon rocker clearance but step/top height is a little above the height of the stocker. Also more of a boat-side design that wraps fully under the body seam and attaches at all 3 body mounts.

There is a slight gap at the body-plate to step joint as pointed about in another thread. This doesn't bother me as it will allow mud & water to more easily drain through there. Another benefit is the underside is open and sloped to hopefully promote self drainage behind the step.

I'll try to upload photos tomorrow.

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement