Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Experience Jeep CES 2021 Virtually + Augmented Reality Look at Wrangler 4xe (from Jan 11) CES-2021-FCA-4

FCA at CES 2021: An Interactive Tour of Technology and Products
  • Three-dimensional product tours and videos related to FCA’s technology and innovation
  • Virtual brand ambassador communicates with visitors, guiding viewers through a multitude of visual and interactive experiences
  • Visitors learn about FCA technology and products from the innovative people who create, engineer and design for the company
  • FCA leverages Google’s cloud-streaming technology to deliver a mobile application that includes a photo-realistic augmented reality (AR) model of the Jeep® Wrangler 4xe
January 8, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA is participating virtually in CES 2021 from January 11 through January 14 to demonstrate the company’s newest technologies via highly detailed interactive product tours. Users can venture through a computer-generated, visually immersive experience with video explanations from the subject matter experts, hosted by a virtual brand ambassador.

Capitalizing on an infinite environment, FCA has built a virtual world where CES participants can be immersed in a variety of vehicle-related options and learn about the company’s commitment to innovation.

Users can opt for a guided tour hosted by a virtual brand ambassador who curates information depending on user preferences. Expertly guided, the tour gives guests a deeper understanding of FCA’s products and technologies through a 3D experience, which includes 12 FCA vehicles.

At any point during the experience, guests may opt for a self-guided tour. The user-controlled 3D environment allows viewing from various angles on vehicles such as the Jeep® Grand Wagoneer Concept and Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio. Additionally, the viewer may select any of the vehicles for a deep dive into the technology and product applications. An easy-to-use global navigation contains quick links to specific areas.

Electric vehicles and in-car technology are hot topics in the automotive industry. FCA’s sensory approach at CES showcases the company’s commitment to an ever-changing era of innovation. The virtual environment also houses videos related to FCA’s technological development, testing and implementation, delivered by employees:
  • Uconnect 5
  • Science Labs (wind tunnel and 4-post shaker)
  • Advanced drive simulator
  • Vehicle electrification systems
  • Vehicle performance and capabilities
From a mobile perspective, FCA also worked with Google to leverage its cloud-streaming technology to deliver a photo-realistic augmented reality (AR) model of the Jeep Wrangler 4xe to viewers' phones. CES attendees can access the AR experience via a QR code on FCA's virtual showroom, which allows them to interact with the 3D model of the Jeep, change its colors and inspect details of the interior. Participants can also place the customized vehicle in a physical space, like their driveway, to see how it will fit their lifestyle. This AR experience with the Jeep Wrangler will also be launched in Google Search in the coming weeks.

FCA looks forward to providing a hands-on experience for CES attendees in the future, but until then technology can provide a unique solution to share the company’s newest vehicle offerings and the technology within. The interactive site will launch at 9 a.m. EST on January 11 and remain live after CES to help consumers learn more about FCA products at fcaces2021.com
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I'll mark this in my diary

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I'm SO ANNOYED that there wont be any in person auto shows this year :( Its ok to look at pics online but its a whole other thing to actually go out and look at, touch and test drive these vehicles in person.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm disappointed so far... Mostly links to parts of the Jeep website on the 4Xe and still no images of the non Rubicon versions.

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Incredibly disappointing. As one who already ordered a 4xe:
  • Only shows the Rubicon still. Come on, you have built Sahara 4xe's, some pics would be nice (would like to know what the 20" wheels are).
  • Has a link to Build Your Own. Yeah, finally we can build a 4xe online! Whoops, link just goes to the regular Jeep Build Your Own page which STILL does not have the 4xe on it, even though you have been able to order it for a couple of months now.
  • Interior view sucks. First, it's just the Rubicon (see my first bullet) but I want to see things like how big a bump there is when the back seats are folded. It's just the same view we have seen before.
  • The Augmented Reality only has the colors for the Rubicon. Can't even pick Snazzleberry (what I ordered). Not to mention the AR really doesn't actually do anything but show the outside of a little Jeep I can rotate around.
  • Tech Talk has videos that have existed for a month now. Nothing new.
  • Doesn't work in Firefox. Lazy programming.
Basically, this is absolutely nothing new. Not a thing. And for all the online and AR stuff they should have a drop down to allow you to pick either the Rubicon or Sahara version and then show the appropriate car with appropriate color/wheel etc... options.

Loops

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango SRT, RAM TRX (order) Rubicon 4xE (order)
Incredibly disappointing. As one who already ordered a 4xe:
  • Only shows the Rubicon still. Come on, you have built Sahara 4xe's, some pics would be nice (would like to know what the 20" wheels are).
  • Has a link to Build Your Own. Yeah, finally we can build a 4xe online! Whoops, link just goes to the regular Jeep Build Your Own page which STILL does not have the 4xe on it, even though you have been able to order it for a couple of months now.
  • Interior view sucks. First, it's just the Rubicon (see my first bullet) but I want to see things like how big a bump there is when the back seats are folded. It's just the same view we have seen before.
  • The Augmented Reality only has the colors for the Rubicon. Can't even pick Snazzleberry (what I ordered). Not to mention the AR really doesn't actually do anything but show the outside of a little Jeep I can rotate around.
  • Tech Talk has videos that have existed for a month now. Nothing new.
  • Doesn't work in Firefox. Lazy programming.
Basically, this is absolutely nothing new. Not a thing. And for all the online and AR stuff they should have a drop down to allow you to pick either the Rubicon or Sahara version and then show the appropriate car with appropriate color/wheel etc... options.
The interior is NOT Rubicon on their 3D rendered 4xe. This entire event is disappointing. Everything API to things that have already been available. And misleading like build and price but wait there’s actually no build and price or 4xE merchandise. Same crap for the TRX display, they have miss-matched interior. Honestly this event looks rushed and not well planned.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Unfortunately, nothing much to see here!
Sponsored