Expedition One 2018 JL Wrangler Product Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
@Expedition One do you have any pictures of the different mounts attached to the bumper and tire carrier or any information on how and where they can be attached?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Jeep, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Dodge
@Expedition One do you have any pictures of the different mounts attached to the bumper and tire carrier or any information on how and where they can be attached?
Hi @Poynter32 --

To quickly answer your questions, we do have various mounts available including CB Mount, Hi-lift, Hi-lift/Pull Pal combo mount, Geri flat panel water packs or rotopax mounts (see attached photo). We also have a few more products available or on the way -- camera relocation kit, 3rd brake light kit, license plate relocation kit w/ included license plate lights (mounted on driver's side bumper or with our upcoming center tire license plate mount (coming soon)

Hopefully this helps!

rat_patrol_core_rear.jpg

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Hi @Poynter32 --

To quickly answer your questions, we do have various mounts available including CB Mount, Hi-lift, Hi-lift/Pull Pal combo mount, Geri flat panel water packs or rotopax mounts (see attached photo). We also have a few more products available or on the way -- camera relocation kit, 3rd brake light kit, license plate relocation kit w/ included license plate lights (mounted on driver's side bumper or with our upcoming center tire license plate mount (coming soon)

Hopefully this helps!

rat_patrol_core_rear.jpg
Sort of. I saw from you website the mounting option so available. I was really just looking for pictures of them all together and how/where they are attached.

Jeep RamRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL 2018 Rubicon
@Expedition One

I really like the look of the Mule Ultra rack. I see there is an option to include a cutout for a light bar and all the pictures show a light bar installed. Do you have any pictures of this rack without the light bar cutout and can you comment on whether having the cutout has any significant effect on how securely things can be tied down on the rack?

Also, when testing out this rack while loaded or unloaded does it create much noise from rattling or wind resistance when driving offroad, around town, or on the highway?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Jeep, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Dodge
Sort of. I saw from you website the mounting option so available. I was really just looking for pictures of them all together and how/where they are attached.
@Expedition One

I really like the look of the Mule Ultra rack. I see there is an option to include a cutout for a light bar and all the pictures show a light bar installed. Do you have any pictures of this rack without the light bar cutout and can you comment on whether having the cutout has any significant effect on how securely things can be tied down on the rack?

Also, when testing out this rack while loaded or unloaded does it create much noise from rattling or wind resistance when driving offroad, around town, or on the highway?

Thanks!
Hi @Jeep RamRod ,

We appreciate it! We don't have any photos at the moment without the cutout for the JL product specifically just yet but here is the same design on the FJ Cruiser for a good reference. In our testing we haven't noticed any impact the cutout would have on secure loads -- everything worked great for us.

Noise and rattling ultimately comes down to how well items are tied down to the load bars. The wind noise is minimal but there is some depending on the cross winds while driving which is to be expected, especially when fully loaded with gear and accessories.

In addition, we're also working on roof top tent specific load bars which we hope to have wrapped up in early production here in the next few months. These will be wider and slightly taller to match the side fascia heights and allow the rack to properly handle and distribute the weight of roof top tents. We hope to share more info on these soon!

Hopefully this info helps!

noncutout.jpg

Sponsored

treadmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR & 2017 VW Golf R
Occupation
Manager
I’m glad to see the half rack being offered. Will it support the use of Thule and Yakima components (in particular, kayak saddles)?

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Expedition One: That’s a good looking rack. Any plans for a roof rack to fit the 2-door JL?

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Does the tire carrier open with the tailgate as a single piece or does it have to swing open alone first?

Sponsored

SeanS

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the rear bumper with tire carrier and it opens as a single piece with the door. The license plate relocation comes with it and bolts to the inside of bumper itself (bracket comes up and around the vehicle side of the bumper and then a second piece that attaches onto that which holds the plate and light).

Status
Not open for further replies.