Not open for further replies.

BostonJohn13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 05 Wrangler Unlimited
I really like this rear bumper and tire carrier option. Simple and clean design.

Will there be a version without holes for rear back up sensors?
Sponsored

BrnxBomr2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Recon
This looks solid. I am looking for something to hold my 105lb wheel and tire combo. Any issues with something that large? It appears as thought the backup camera is functional as well. Is there a 3rd brake light option?

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
I was just looking at these about a week ago. Do you have pictures showing the different mountings options and how they work together/where they mount? Also are those regular cube lights on the rear bumper? They look more narrow

Last edited:

Sponsored

250brider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Are the freedom panels removable with this rack? I really don't want to lose that ability, but I need a rack for my rtt. Also really don't want to drill my hardtop!

SeanS

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had my local shop order the full width front bumper and rear bumper with tire carrier a few weeks ago. I'm hoping it doesn't take the full 10-14 weeks to get them because I'm really looking forward to putting them on!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Oh I am so interested in the roof rack (especially the slim line) Finally a non-drill roof rack that can hold more than 100lb. I'd like to get a rack to put kayaks and such on, and this fits the bill.
Me too, the problem I have is Racks like these and the EVO which sit on the gutter are usually just as expensive as those that drill through and hold way more weight. If it’s over $800 I’d rather just go Rhino rack pioneer platform with Maximus-3 bracket or backbone.

*holy cow I just saw this rack is 1700! And I don’t think 500lbs is enough for a RTT.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I would be keen on a roof basket for a 2 door. It needs to only cover the rear so I can still remove the front freedom panels.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Hey @Expedition One , the pictures show the bumper mounted tire carrier on the full width model, but on your site, that is not currently an option - is it?

This may just be from the images, but the top of the tire & center wheel height on the full width vs. shorter one looks lower...is it or is that just an illusion/different tire size, etc.?

By chance do you or anyone know the weight of the current steel rear bumper (I'm sure it's out there somewhere...I'm just being lazy)?

Also as @Poynter32 asked, could you provide the input on the lights please.

One more, it's noted that the system would not work with oem wheels, is that the bumper mounted carrier? I'm looking at 35's on the factory Rubicon rims....maybe 37's one day.

Great looking options and thanks for being on the forum!!!

Thanks!

Sponsored

triRice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20019 Jeep Jl Rubicon
It does!

Additionally, we're also working on a rail system designed specifically for roof top tents to allow for an easier time mounting and securing to the rack which we hope to share more in the coming months.

We also have accessory mounts in the prototype phase that will be able to hold various tools and accessories.

Lots to come for the roof rack in the coming months!
I am so interested in the roof rack!

How is the roof rack mounted? Just the gutter? I see it is advertised to hold 250 dynamic and 500 static, can the gutter hold all of that weight.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Spread evenly over the 8 mounting points, that's a decent bit of grip, so I have no reason to doubt the 250lb claim.

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Jeep, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Dodge
Can the roof rack be used to lift the hard top off and be hung by for storage?
We haven't tested that ourselves so we can't say either way just yet. Something I'll mention to our team today!

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Jeep, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Dodge
This looks solid. I am looking for something to hold my 105lb wheel and tire combo. Any issues with something that large? It appears as thought the backup camera is functional as well. Is there a 3rd brake light option?
The arm is built to hold pretty beefy tires up to a recommended 40" tire size.

That is correct! We also provide a custom camera mount that fits in the center of the tire. A 3rd brake light relocation offering is coming hopefully in the next few weeks. Once we have something near-final, i'll be sure to share some photos of it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.