Expedition 51 degrees

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
It looks like Canada is going to be opening up to us New Englanders in late July or Early August I would like to take my Wrangler and drive the loop that Starts in Baie Comeau Quebec and runs up through Labrador and around into Newfoundland - Nova Scotia and back into Maine. From my house in central Maine it amounts to about 1500 miles. I plan on camping for most if not the entire trip. I have done the section from Red Bay Labrador to home before and loved it. I will be taking my Fly Rod for Labrador-Newfoundland sections. Not for Salmon, but for Brookies which can reach 10+ pounds in Labrador.

Sure would like a fellow Jeeper or two coming along on this "Freedom Trip 2021".

Duration of around three weeks.
Sponsored

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
1500 miles sounds a little short. I did an out-and-back (not a loop) to the top of Newfie in 2016 and it was like 3200 miles. Loops can be 3000+ miles also.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great trip. Newfoundland is spectacular. I have the Trans Taiga and James Bay on my list just need to find the time and a couple willing rigs to make it a reality.

newfoundland_map.png

30757214315_a302696dee_c.jpg