First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey Y'all. Mini rant I want to go on right now. I have seen a lot of people on here lately complaining about slow customer service, long lead times on parts, companies just being slower than 'expected'. I know we live in the age of Amazon where you can get stuff same day, but come on now. Let's have a little bit of understanding that some of these companies are based in CA where the state is currently on fire and is run by morons that don't know how to properly use a hammer. Companies are having to wait on parts from over seas, and things are just backed up right now. It is what it is, life moves on, so quit getting on here and ripping companies for being "slow". Everyone is trying their best to catch back up and get everyone taken care of.

Rant over, that is all. Hope everyone can be patient, understanding and enjoy their Jeeps as time rolls on :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cleoncini

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Here is an example for you. I ordered a Metalcloak GC with 6pak shocks. It was communicated to me that its going to take at least 3-5 weeks. Not a problem, it's the lift I want and am willing to wait. If it takes longer so be it. I REFUSE to be the human calling them up constantly trying to get an update. I have seen countless posts on here with people complaining that they have to wait a few extra weeks for parts, or that a certain company is taking a little longer to re-engineer a part.

Clearly you do not work in a job that has anything to do with manufacturing. Personally its an absolute nightmare to deal with anything supply chain, and getting the raw materials currently. With that being said, 97% of my customers are understanding when I explain the issues. My point is, don't be that 3% that feels the need to complain about any and every inconvenience constantly.

Also I am not giving a blanket pass to everyone at all. If your customer service sucked before Corona, it sucks now. Let's be real honest about that one. I have had absolutely superior service from Motobilt, Northridge, Custom Offsets and Metalcloak. Why? Because they had great service before.

OP
OP
Cleoncini

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
point to this doll and tell us exactly where california touched you...
*Points at back right pocket* The wallet your honor. So happy I left when I did 4 years ago. It's one of the most beautiful states and I love to visit, but I will not be moving back haha.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I agree with OP that we should be more understanding and not obsessively checking for updates. Like OP, this doesn't mean a free pass to all bad service.

Vendors shouldn't take money on product they do not have and have no idea when they will have it (unless it's a custom order/fabrication). In general, vendors and manufacturers should have better communication. Some companies (e.g. Northridge) are good at it, and they stand out for a reason.

But "up to the minute updates"? Get real. Even companies that specialize in tracking and logistics don't have accurate, up-to-the-minute updates or estimates. FedEx and UPS might have 1 minute resolution on their timestamps, but their timestamps don't mean much. The number of packages FedEx/UPS has marked as delivered that didn't actually show up for another couple hours -- or sometimes the next day -- is infuriating. Or according to their tracking it sits in a city a few states over on a truck for a week and a half before magically showing up at my door without an update in between. And FedEx/UPS still have better tracking than USPS/DHL/countless smaller freight companies. Heck, Amazon will mark items as delivered to a locker as soon as it arrives in a parking lot -- even though it will still take 1-2 hours to unload and sort before you can pick it up.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Personally its an absolute nightmare to deal with anything supply chain, and getting the raw materials currently.
I wonder if it had anything to do with the mess of tariffs

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/aluminum-tariff-canada-us-trump_ca_5f60f59bc5b68d1b09c89198

https://nypost.com/2020/01/25/trump-slaps-new-tariffs-on-foreign-products-made-with-steel-aluminum/

Certainly, the port of LA is open so I doubt it's that
https://www.portoflosangeles.org/covid-19

OP
OP
Cleoncini

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hold up.... you want companies to ship items without receiving payment for them? I bet you think strippers like you too....

If items are on backorder and are going to take time, how else do you reserve that item for yourself? Monopoly money? Fairy dust?

Also, you and your company ship items to customers without accepting payments? Please go into AR and let me know how many accounts are 30+ days late on payment.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
point to this doll and tell us exactly where california touched you...
Jeep Wrangler JL Expected Vendor Lead Times *RANT* 1600204092467

*Points at back right pocket* The wallet your honor. So happy I left when I did 4 years ago. It's one of the most beautiful states and I love to visit, but I will not be moving back haha.
Agreed and good on you for moving!

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
One problem is that many companies including big offroad ecommerce sites are resellers who carry minimal inventory and when orders come in, they send it to the brands to dropship directly, who may or may not communicate accurate delivery times in the first place.

So theres a lot of places where this system can go wrong.