Expected Mileage on Custom Order

TexasSki

First Name
Elliott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Goes with the title, what kind of mileage should I expect my jeep to have when it lands at the dealer? I want to be able to know if they are taking it out for a Ferris Bueller day off joy ride.

Advertisement

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
Haha, I believe I had 8 miles on mine when I ordered my JK. I'd say anything under 20 is fine, but I never really thought it was a huge deal either way to be honest.

OP

TexasSki

First Name
Elliott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Haha, I believe I had 8 miles on mine when I ordered my JK. I'd say anything under 20 is fine, but I never really thought it was a huge deal either way to be honest.
Mainly I just want to avoid a lookly loo revving the crap out of it before I can take it for the much debated break in

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Way back when, I custom ordered a Honda Civic. When it arrived at the dealership, it had 3 miles on the odometer.

Jeepsterfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Way back when, I custom ordered a Honda Civic. When it arrived at the dealership, it had 3 miles on the odometer.
My Honda Accord only had 3 miles on it. It was not a custom order. Just sitting on the dealer lot.

When I test drove a JKU 6MT, the salesman practically burned up the clutch trying to get it out of a tight parking spot for me to test drive. I thought right away, I'm not purchasing THIS one!

giphy.gif

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
The JL Sport S I test drove last week that had 18 miles on the odometer. I added about 10 miles on the test drive.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
There's one in the showroom floor locally that has 2 miles on the odom

When I placed my order with them he assured me that mine would not be driven by anyone at the dealership.

17FreedomChief

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Freedom Edition in Chief
When I ordered my JKU last year I took delivery with 3 miles on the ODO.

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement