First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Wrangler High Altitude.
Occupation
Self employed
I had installed a Borla S-Type exhaust on our GC SRT and loved it. Great sound, no drone

I started to look for an exhaust for our upcoming Wrangler High Altitude 2021 3.6 etorque but cannot find anything

Does a system exist or is that etorque system the problem?

if you found an option, please let me know

thanks…
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
@Ian@Borla
Is Borla working on a climber for the 3.6 eTorque. Lots of 21s out there and looks like 22s going to see a ton more.

Reactions: AFD

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
If you plan on lifting your Jeep…stay away from AWE Tread edition. You can’t install rear track bar brackets with it. I’m pulling mine off and going with a magnaflow. AWE was an expensive mistake….

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
@Ian@Borla
Is Borla working on a climber for the 3.6 eTorque. Lots of 21s out there and looks like 22s going to see a ton more.
So, the issue is not enough room for the muffler where it replaces the resonator? Been watching a lot of JL exhaust videos, and the Borla S-Type Climber (#140829) sounds really good (or just about any system that replaces the stock resonator with a mini muffler and runs straight back to a behind the axle dump).

The new Flowmaster FLOWFX (#717966) seems somewhat similar, but imo dumps too early just before the rear axle. Also, not sure if there's any fitment issues with eTorque or 4WD auto like the Borla. K&N (#67-1515) also sounds great, but appears to be for 4-door models only.

Stainless Works (#JPJLUCBD) and MBRP (#S5533304) both have a similar design, but again, not sure about any fitment issues.

I'm thinking the Borla has a better tone due to the larger muffler closer to the cat, where as the other systems are either using another resonator or mini muffler in that location. Just wish I knew if any/all of these were compatible with eTorque and Selec-Trac/Rock-Trac.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
So, the issue is not enough room for the muffler where it replaces the resonator? Been watching a lot of JL exhaust videos, and the Borla S-Type Climber (#140829) sounds really good (or just about any system that replaces the stock resonator with a mini muffler and runs straight back to a behind the axle dump).

The new Flowmaster FLOWFX (#717966) seems somewhat similar, but imo dumps too early just before the rear axle. Also, not sure if there's any fitment issues with eTorque or 4WD auto like the Borla. K&N (#67-1515) also sounds great, but appears to be for 4-door models only.

Stainless Works (#JPJLUCBD) and MBRP (#S5533304) both have a similar design, but again, not sure about any fitment issues.

I'm thinking the Borla has a better tone due to the larger muffler closer to the cat, where as the other systems are either using another resonator or mini muffler in that location. Just wish I knew if any/all of these were compatible with eTorque and Selec-Trac/Rock-Trac.
I have the Borla climber touring catback on my 19 3.6 ess. If I trade for a 22, I’ll get the 3.6 et and would put a climber touring on it without a second thought if they offer it. The touring is a good sound and just a little louder than stock, and is an excellent system for wheeling.
Sponsored