Exhaust heat shield & over heating interior rear cargo area

beckbuilt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392, 18 JLUS
If you look at the dual exhaust pipes where they run up over the rear axle, you'll see why it is getting hot. Jeep did a great job at adding heat reflective insulation and shields between them and the plastic cargo tub, but they are literally right up against the floor. If the switchable muffler isn't important to you, a new exhaust would solve your problem.

I pulled my muffler off and used the two larger tips to build turndowns directly after the primary muffler / resonator. I know this isn't for everyone but that muffler was in the way of future mods.
Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
If you look at the dual exhaust pipes where they run up over the rear axle, you'll see why it is getting hot. Jeep did a great job at adding heat reflective insulation and shields between them and the plastic cargo tub, but they are literally right up against the floor. If the switchable muffler isn't important to you, a new exhaust would solve your problem.

I pulled my muffler off and used the two larger tips to build turndowns directly after the primary muffler / resonator. I know this isn't for everyone but that muffler was in the way of future mods.
thinking about the same, that muffler is so huge and hang a bit low.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
You can get dynaliner for heat…same company that makes dynamat.