Sponsored

Excessive bowing issue with Mopar lift kit springs for JL

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Has anyone requested that MOPAR replace the front springs when they install the new isolators? I have serious concern reguarding integrity and longevity of the severely bent springs.
I still don't understand the point of the curve to begin with. In their promotional video, they claim it's specifically designed to "improve the clearance under all operating conditions and all suspension articulation." Seeing as how virtually every other lift kit that's been made for the Wrangler over the past two decades have springs that aren't curved and handle articulation and clearance without issue, it sounds like marketing jargon to explain a) an unintended engineering goof b) an intentional design to address a shortcoming elsewhere.

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
I went back through every page since the fix came and out didn't see it. Sorry, I swear I saw a post, maybe on a different thread that showed before and after. Maybe another forum user can help.. I did some searches and can't find it either. It's hiding somewhere.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm officially scheduled to have the new Mopar spring pad installed next Tuesday, while I wait.

I saw those pics, too. I swore they were somewhere in this thread. Hmm.

Sponsored

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Mine being installed now. Going to have alignment checked post install just because of my ocd. Finger crossed.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Update....happy to report....new spring isolator was installed today and bowing issue minimized. I will send pic tomorrow. The best news is the handling has improved greatly. Especially under heavy breaking. It no longer dives left then dart right. They did perform an alignment check but not an alignment. Now with the isolator in, the Jeep is within alignment spec. Hmm. How is that possible? It was way out before. So I am a bit perplexed but the twitchiness is almost gone. The dealer once again over-inflated all the tires to 41 psi so I will have a better feel on that tomorrow once I reset them down to 35psi. But after the first 100 miles on the new isolatorI am very happy with it how its driving...even if they did do an alignment and didn't tell me :-/

JeepEagle1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Punk'n Metallic
My isolator is being installed on Tuesday. I have definitely heard clicking from the front left and I assumed it was the bump stock rubbing on the spring.

Sponsored

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Ok... a Before and After picture with the original and new Mopar Mount.

BEFORE:

IMG_4862 2.JPG

AFTER:

IMG_5008.JPG

The bump stop is definitely moved toward the center and now looks more like the right side but still a bow but drives so much better.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I still don't understand the point of the curve to begin with. In their promotional video, they claim it's specifically designed to "improve the clearance under all operating conditions and all suspension articulation." Seeing as how virtually every other lift kit that's been made for the Wrangler over the past two decades have springs that aren't curved and handle articulation and clearance without issue, it sounds like marketing jargon to explain a) an unintended engineering goof b) an intentional design to address a shortcoming elsewhere.
I agree wholeheartedly. Still waiting to see what truth eventually surfaces...

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine today. I still think the notion of this spring curve as intentional is an absolute farce, but it clears the bump stop.

IMG_20180615_110906.jpg

The best news is the handling has improved greatly. Especially under heavy breaking. It no longer dives left then dart right.
I noticed this, too, but I had just assumed it was retorquing the bolts to their proper spec (which I did NOT do when I originally installed the lift). I need to recenter my steering wheel again, but I'm actually surprised how much better the Jeep feels and handles.

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My fix was installed last week. Now it’s rubbing again. I wonder how long they’re gonna keep my Jeep this time.

Don’t get to excited about the fix. Once you disconnect your sway it may start rubbing again.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My fix was installed last week. Now it’s rubbing again. I wonder how long they’re gonna keep my Jeep this time.

Don’t get to excited about the fix. Once you disconnect your sway it may start rubbing again.
Doesn't surprise me at all. I'm going out tomorrow and will take some articulation shots.
Sponsored