Henrix123

First Name
Henrix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JRU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I dunno. I had the new pads installed under warranty and they are grey, too, but had a new part number.

Does anyone have the latest part number for them?
I wonder if some dealers are pulling from old inventory. I just installed my lift Friday and have no noticable spring bow, but I also did adjustable track bars at the same time.
Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if some dealers are pulling from old inventory. I just installed my lift Friday and have no noticable spring bow, but I also did adjustable track bars at the same time.
Might be. They literally just put that on this month. They have 10 crates in the service department on a special install deal.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
So I finally tracked down the squeak I've been hearing. Front driver's spring is rubbing against the shock :surprised:. It's the Mopar lift with Rock Krawler correction pads all around. The spring seems to be seated correctly on both upper and lower pads. Why is it bowing towards the rear like that?
Jeep Wrangler JL Excessive bowing issue with Mopar lift kit springs for JL 20200515_165745

Jeep Wrangler JL Excessive bowing issue with Mopar lift kit springs for JL 20200515_165823

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
So I finally tracked down the squeak I've been hearing. Front driver's spring is rubbing against the shock :surprised:. It's the Mopar lift with Rock Krawler correction pads all around. The spring seems to be seated correctly on both upper and lower pads. Why is it bowing towards the rear like that?
20200515_165745.jpg

20200515_165823.jpg

Need more pictures but really does not look properly installed at the top. Who installed the lift? I have had my Mopar front springs in and out three times...but only for leaning on the passenger side. Last time I left the RK spring perches out and used the newest Mopar ones. Straight with no excessive bowing, the Mopar perches are left and right while the RK are both identical.

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Makes me wish I had never bought the Mopar 2 lift myself. I put the r k isolators and also it helped a little but damn Mopar had the jeep a year in advance before everyone why in the heck could they not make springs that bow. And people say it's normal it's not normal to have the springs hitting the bump stops or the shocks in your case it's ridiculous damn I wish I could afford to just give her the everything but the shocks and start all over like a lot of people did. That doesn't make sense at all any spring bowing enough to hit the bump stop or the shock is ridiculous and made wrong. Which Mopar isolators did you put in or perches as they call them ?

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Excessive bowing issue with Mopar lift kit springs for JL 20200515_165823

Also which lower control arms are you using and are they properly adjusted? If you installed everything, I would make sure that the starting lengths for all control arms were to the manufacturers recommended (for 2-2.5" lift) starting lengths, also make sure you have an adjustable front track bar (my axle was off quite a bit after install) and then have a competent alignment shop do a 4-wheel alignment (4-wheel only if you also replaced rear control arms and track bar) and inspection.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
20200515_165745.jpg

20200515_165823.jpg
It looks like your upper isolators is not seated correctly in the housing. There are little nipples that poke through the housing, and you can see them sticking through on the top. The spring might look like it’s on the isolator correctly but the isolator needs to be rotated until it’s seated correctly.

If it is seated correctly, then it might be a caster issue, if you have adjustable control arms, and not the fixed ones that come with the kit.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It looks like your upper isolators is not seated correctly in the housing. There are little nipples that poke through the housing, and you can see them sticking through on the top. The spring might look like it’s on the isolator correctly but the isolator needs to be rotated until it’s seated correctly.

If it is seated correctly, then it might be a caster issue, if you have adjustable control arms, and not the fixed ones that come with the kit.
What did the dealer say did you show it to them they say they're supposed to bow some but not like that I be getting a refund and go buy some different springs

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Need more pictures but really does not look properly installed at the top. Who installed the lift? I have had my Mopar front springs in and out three times...but only for leaning on the passenger side. Last time I left the RK spring perches out and used the newest Mopar ones. Straight with no excessive bowing, the Mopar perches are left and right while the RK are both identical.
The lift was installed by myself and my brother :whew: lol. I've seen issues with outwards bowing but never towards the back like this. You think I should pull it out and make sure it is seated correctly?

Makes me wish I had never bought the Mopar 2 lift myself. I put the r k isolators and also it helped a little but damn Mopar had the jeep a year in advance before everyone why in the heck could they not make springs that bow. And people say it's normal it's not normal to have the springs hitting the bump stops or the shocks in your case it's ridiculous damn I wish I could afford to just give her the everything but the shocks and start all over like a lot of people did. That doesn't make sense at all any spring bowing enough to hit the bump stop or the shock is ridiculous and made wrong. Which Mopar isolators did you put in or perches as they call them ?
The spring isolators are the Rock Crawler ones.

Also which lower control arms are you using and are they properly adjusted? If you installed everything, I would make sure that the starting lengths for all control arms were to the manufacturers recommended (for 2-2.5" lift) starting lengths, also make sure you have an adjustable front track bar (my axle was off quite a bit after install) and then have a competent alignment shop do a 4-wheel alignment (4-wheel only if you also replaced rear control arms and track bar) and inspection.
The lower controls are the adjustable ones made by Synergy. Caster is set to positive 6 degrees. Track bars front and rear are also from Synergy. Not sure if I would consider Town Fair Tire competent based on my experience with them, no offense to those who may work there :giggle:.

The little nipples on the upper isolators are visible through the "alignment holes" so I believe the isolator is in the correct position. Can't speak for the spring itself seated into the isolator until I pull it out. I do have adjustable lower control arms with the caster set to positive 6 degrees. You think that's too much and could be causing the issue?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The little nipples on the upper isolators are visible through the "alignment holes" so I believe the isolator is in the correct position. Can't speak for the spring itself seated into the isolator until I pull it out. I do have adjustable lower control arms with the caster set to positive 6 degrees. You think that's too much and could be causing the issue?
I would double check that the spring is centered on isolator first. Is the other side the same way? Also measure your lcas center to center of connecting bolts to make sure they’re the same length. And are you checking caster yourself, or did you have it checked on alignment rack? 6 degrees might be a little bit more than you need, if you only got 2” of lift. But I’ve installed a lot of them, and haven’t had one only lift 2” yet, lol.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The lift was installed by myself and my brother :whew: lol. I've seen issues with outwards bowing but never towards the back like this. You think I should pull it out and make sure it is seated correctly?

The lower controls are the adjustable ones made by Synergy. Caster is set to positive 6 degrees. Track bars front and rear are also from Synergy. Not sure if I would consider Town Fair Tire competent based on my experience with them, no offense to those who may work there :giggle:.

As Roky also suggested, I would look closely at how the upper spring is seated in the isolator...If not seated properly and depending on how long it's been like that, the isolator may be damaged/deformed and should also be replaced.

For a competent alignment shop and someone familiar with Synergy products, I would email Synergy to get a list of Synergy dealers in your area that do in-house alignments.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited & 1986 Jeep CJ7
Is the newest kit part number 77072395AD? If so, what's changed?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the newest kit part number 77072395AD? If so, what's changed?

Yes, the newest kits end in 'AD' and while the kit for my 2-door was an 'AD' version-I still do not know what exactly changed. I can say that I used and adjustable track bar and after first installing RK front spring pads, I am now using the black plastic Mopar ones that came with the kit and have no bowing issues. Interestingly, the right front Mopar spring pad had exactly the same part number as the OEM that came on my 2020 JLR-the drivers side was a different part number however.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
This thread is huge and I'll read it when I get home, but my inititial question/thought

Do you need to replace the spring as well, or does just the Rock Crawler pad fix it? If a new spring is needed, does it need to be a mopar, or could it be a heavier OME spring to adjust for a winch?

Besides a whole new lift, if a trackbar adjustment and new pad the quick fix?
Sponsored