Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
I too purchased my Rubicon from Kim at Superior was the best car buying experience I have ever had. I also had a trade and that went smoothly as well

TexJHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ Sport, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Just wanted to add my name to the list of satisfied customers doing business with Kim at Superior Jeep in Conway, AR. I had been contemplating this purchase for about 6 months and finally decided to make the jump.

I will add that my transaction was made a bit more complicated due to my company making this purchase (not a personal purchase - although this car will be my work and personal vehicle). Further complicating it was the contract my company has with a 3rd party fleet management company to procure and manage our vehicle fleet. After they failed to secure a reasonable price - the best they came up with was a laughable 1% under invoice - I took it upon myself to find a better deal and used the info from this website to find some dealers offering great pricing.

Originally, I thought I had a deal in place with Neil at DeMontrond, but he went dark for almost a week and then when finally got a hold of him he refused to work the deal because of the fleet management company's involvement. OK, no worries, I'm happy to take my business elsewhere to someone that wants to take my money...

Then I reached out to Kim, who was more than willing to provide me quick pricing and even found what I wanted on her lot vs. having to wait for a special order. Within 30 minutes of contacting her, she got back to me with pricing that came in at 5% under invoice for an $55,820 MSRP Ocean Blue JLUR with 14 miles. While the fleet management company seemingly did everything in their power to make this deal fall through, they moved about as slow as they could (I won't get into all the details on here, but it took about a month to get them to finalize the deal with Superior for me). Meanwhile, Kim and Superior were patient to make sure the transaction happened. Obviously I should have reached out to her first!

Needless to say, I've had Ol' Blue for 8 days and LOVE it! She is quite the trade up from my 2002 TJ Sport. I highly recommend Kim and Superior and will absolutely do business with them again.

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
+1 for Kim at Superior

Ordered over the phone beginning of June. JLUR was delivered early August.

She was very responsive when I requested updates but I only asked every couple weeks. I was tracking FCA build status at the other forum so I kept myself in the know every day.

Everything was handled over the phone, order, deposit and getting a trade value. For trade value she just had me send the odometer number and pictures of the trade.

I would say the trade value was fair, not great, but pretty much by the book based on average trade in value. Everyone thinks their trade is worth more and in all honesty I really do think mine was, it was a loaded factory pristine full size truck that I’m sure even at auction would easily be sold for $2-3k more. In the end it would have been a hassle for me sell it privately and there would have been some risk involved if something happened to either the deal or the JLUR after I sold the truck while I was cruising around in a rental.

When the time came to pick up the JLUR there was no fuss on price or trade value and no pressure to buy anything else. I did ask if they would match pricing that I’ve seen mentioned here on the Mopar lifetime warranty ($100 deductible) and they did without any haggling.

I’ve never ever had such a seamless and smooth car buying experience.

Also, their pricing was incredible. The Affiliate discount plus their discount was as good as any other deal that I’ve seen here on this forum. Plus Superior honored the ordered price after FCA increased pricing about 6 weeks after I ordered. I was not local to Superior but within the state so it wasn’t too far of a drive. All I can say is Superior put all of my 4 local Jeep dealers to shame when it came to pricing and buying experience. The difference all around was night and day.

I don’t buy new vehicles often but I’ll keep Superior in mind the next time I do.

Last edited:

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Good info!

I was torn between them and DeMontrond just due to having family in TX.

But DeMontrond wouldn’t even talk about my trade until I had it there in person. Nor would they allow for the $500 mil discount in addition to the 6% under invoice.

Would be good to have an idea on what they would offer me for it before ordering through a dealer and then getting low balled on the trade in. And to also get the military cash too.

Sponsored

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
Anyone who ordered from Kim have an email address? I plan to try to order a Jeep tomorrow or at least by week's end. I did a build on the Jeep website and downloaded the pdf. I'd like her and our local dealer to have a request for a quote in their inbox tomorrow. I'd like pricing so I can make a decision and get a Jeep ordered ASAP. My buddy is buying my wife's vehicle so we will be down one.

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
I'm curious if she got back to you. Are they still offering a good deal?
Yep, I had a quote in my inbox before I got off the phone with her early this morning. Probably going to place my order tomorrow just going to give my local dealer an opportunity to quote my build. Kim was very pleasant and gave me VERY Good pricing considering I'm only looking at a base Sport with a few upgrades. If you're in the market I'd at least give her a chance to quote.

Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sting-Gray
Glad she responded. After a pleasant conversation with Kim, I emailed her a price quote request, a follow up email and left a voice mail in early September and I've heard nothing but crickets. Oh well, no biggie. Glad things are rolling for you! Keep us posted!

To add: I spoke with Kim today and once again we had a pleasant conversation. This time I sent my build/quote to her yahoo email account. Looking forward to receiving her quote. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
Update on order through Superior in Conway AR;
Ordered 10/10/19
VIN 10/14/19
Scheduled production 10/18/19
Kim says approximately 5-days in production then usually about 14-18 days for delivery to dealership. :like:

Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sting-Gray
Great to hear!
Sponsored