Excellent experience & price with Superior Jeep in Conway, AR

sonchik

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum, however I used the forum extensively to research dealers, options, and understand how many of you went about researching, ordering and purchasing your Wranglers. I appreciate all the members who contributed in helping me with my decisions in shopping and purchasing a JL Rubicon.

When researching dealers and prices I came about informative posts by member 'galleywinter.' His name is Tod and he had a great experience with price, communication and pickup of his jeep with Superior Automotive Group in Conway, AR. I gave Kimberely Sims, their Internet Sales Manager, a call whom Tod recommended to contact. She quickly worked out a quote for my Rubicon and we went back and forth for a few weeks as I was adding some options and debating between the anticipated 4 cylinder engine or the tried and true six cylinder.

Kim was very straightforward on the price. She knows folks' expectations who have been on this forum and getting a quote with 6% off invoice was very much an easy process. That % off did include a Tread Lightly discount. This was a very solid offer. I went to two dealers in Memphis and both of them told me that it could never be priced this low. They told me all kind of scary stuff about this being a 'bait and switch' offer and just an empty promise. I passed on both of these dealers. Make sure you do your homework and defiantly don't take their word for it.

After we finalized all the options, I ordered the Jeep with a $500 deposit to Superior. They placed the order with the factory on or around April 6th. Here is exactly what I ordered and the price I was expected to pay OTD:

Superior Quote.jpg

What I love about Arkansas is that there is only one fee allowed for the dealer to charge (or this is the only fee that Superior charges) and it is $130 in service and handling fee. That's it. No other doc prep or any other crazy $500 dealer advertising fees or whatever else.

I was not in a hurry to get my jeep so waiting a few months wasn't a big deal. I was in touch with the dealer two or three times, checking on status which they were happy to share. It took a total of two months (April 6 to June 7th or so) to get the jeep built and shipped to Memphis, from where it was transported to Conway, AR. Funny thing is that I live in Memphis, so while Jeep made a railway stop here I still had to drive to Conway to pick it up. No big deal as it is just under 3 hours away. Kim contacted me on June 15, I believe, that it was on her lot. As a nice touch... as soon as the car hit their lot, she took pictures of my Jeep, emailed them to me, and called me to let me know it was ready for pickup:

IMG_3646.JPG
IMG_3647.JPG
IMG_3648.JPG
IMG_3649.JPG
IMG_3650.JPG

When I showed up with my family about a week later to pick it up, Kim set me up with Kameron who walked me through the car and worked out all the paperwork. I had a trade-in which we negotiated prior to me showing up and they gave a really good price for it. I got another quote from a different dealer for my trade-in which was slightly higher but it was advantageous for me to sell my car to Superior to get advantage the the lower sales tax.

There were NO surprises when we sat down to finalize the paperwork. It was, to the single $, the same as we negotiated and the transaction went smooth without any surprises or pitches of sales of extra insurance/warranties or any other kind of add-ons. In fact, they took my personal check on a Saturday and told me they trusted me that I was good for it. I really appreciate their transparency, trust, good communication, and a great service. End-to-end it was a very good experience.

Since I have a Bonus Drive $500 offer that I can take advantage of through my employer association, I will be able to bring the out the door cost of the purchase 7% below Invoice and over 12% below MSRP.

fullsizeoutput_aa2.jpeg

Kim and Superior are honest folks who do everything as they say. Hopefully, you are experiencing the same with your shopping and purchasing and this post helps you in getting the best deal on your Jeep from these guys, I'm glad. Good luck and thank you!

fullsizeoutput_aa5.jpeg

Dennis

IMG_3703.jpg
Sponsored

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Dennis,
Thank you so much for the thorough review of Superior! I will definitely be giving them first shot at my Wrangler order.
Jimmy

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Sure glad to hear another glowing review about Kim and the people at Superior. Mine is supposedly being built today and hopefully I will soon be on my way there to pick it up. Everything so far has been just as you described and I fully expect that the delivery will be the same. My local dealer (whose owner lives across the street) was not able to even come close to the deal I got from Kim!

Gidget

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have almost the exact same story as you, Dennis! I was working with 2 different dealerships in Memphis, growing frustrated, and read in the forums about Kim at Superior in Conway. That was a game changer for me. She made the whole process so easy and Kameron helped me finalize my order (placed on 6/20). They have answered any and all questions I have had quickly and thoroughly. She encouraged me to sign up for the Tread Lightly program to get the price down even more. I can't recommend her team enough and can't wait to get my new jeep!

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Who I went through, and wholeheartedly agree with this review.

Sponsored

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I too am dealing with Superior and Kim is a breath of fresh air compared to some other dealers!

My Mojito Jeep is currently in JB status waiting to complete the build! I live in south Louisiana so I have about a 5-6 hour drive for my Jeep when it comes in! I can’t wait!

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
I too am dealing with Superior and Kim is a breath of fresh air compared to some other dealers!

My Mojito Jeep is currently in JB status waiting to complete the build! I live in south Louisiana so I have about a 5-6 hour drive for my Jeep when it comes in! I can’t wait!
Thanks for all the great comments as I’ve ordered in Feb from Kim also. Still haven’t been built yet, but can’t Wait to have this same positive experience!

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the great comments as I’ve ordered in Feb from Kim also. Still haven’t been built yet, but can’t Wait to have this same positive experience!
I’m curious if they take too long if you will consider a 2019 or the truck?

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
I’m curious if they take too long if you will consider a 2019 or the truck?
I’m considering anything and everything! I’ve canceled three vacations, sold my 2015 Canyon and had to borrow vehicle from son. I’m beyond being pissed off and now just flat discussed with whole FCA handling of these delays.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Pretty much my exact experience except I had no trade in and took a one way flight to little rock. Kameron picked me up at the airport and took care of the paperwork.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sonchik

sonchik

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
It does seem to be taking longer in your case. Did you order 4-cylinder or an option that was not yet manufactured? As you saw in my post, I ordered in April and picked up this weekend. You mentioned February in your post...

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
Agreed, Kim was fantastic to work with, quick order process, quick pickup ( didn't have to spend 6 hours at the dealership to pick up -- thank god ) Overall a great experience, if Kim is still there in 5 years I'll be ordering another from Superior in Conway Arkansas!

FuriousEwok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Liberty KK, Cherokee XJ
I agree with everything.. I picked mine up from Superior last week. Highly recommend. It was a 5 hour drive from DFW for me, but worth it.

RubyStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
I plan on contacting Kim at Superior ASAP! I've heard nothing but wonderful reviews. I live in LR and have seen Rubicon's priced at 52k for manual transmissions that are essentially bare bones. Conway is a short 30 min drive for me. Can't wait!

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon

Where in Louisiana are you located? I am in Mandeville and I ordered from her as well.
Sponsored