Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
The info in this video was very informational to me. As a guy who didn’t grow up obsessing over technical details with respect to vehicles; this guy lays it out in a simple, but not dumbed down way.

Plus it helps explain the technical benefits and limitations of each platform so well.

Next step for me: 37’s and some longer travel shocks!

Sponsored

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
That was a really good video. I'm surprised the extreme recon package didn't rub with 37s. I have the factory 2-inch Mopar lift on my Rubi and 35s; I looked at some of my videos and pictures from obstacles at Windrock Park and I feel like judging from the videos and pictures that 37s would rub on mine, but maybe not. If that's the case, 37s are next after these 35s finish wearing out.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Pretty good video. I like how a self proclaimed Toyota Guy is able to objectively evaluate things and give credit to Jeep where it’s due. I wish more Jeep Guys were capable of this.

I recognized 3:18 in the video is Wet N Wild trail at Hidden Falls.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That was a really good video. I'm surprised the extreme recon package didn't rub with 37s. I have the factory 2-inch Mopar lift on my Rubi and 35s; I looked at some of my videos and pictures from obstacles at Windrock Park and I feel like judging from the videos and pictures that 37s would rub on mine, but maybe not. If that's the case, 37s are next after these 35s finish wearing out.
He clarified that 37s won’t rub during regular street driving but will when wheeling it.

Sponsored

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
The info in this video was very informational to me. As a guy who didn’t grow up obsessing over technical details with respect to vehicles; this guy lays it out in a simple, but not dumbed down way.

Plus it helps explain the technical benefits and limitations of each platform so well.

Next step for me: 37’s and some longer travel shocks!

Good video. No real bias either. Explained the good and bad on both platforms.

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Lite brite has a video on the Tube with their new IFS Raptor Bronco VS their solid axel JP . they seem impressed ?

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
As a car guy (I'm not a truck guy), all I heard for years was how bad the solid axle was in the Mustang and how they praised the current one for finally going independent... And then I buy a Jeep and join a Jeep forum and all I read about is how great the solid axle is.

I understand why it's good for one and bad for the other... I'm just a bit amused by it all.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
At 1:30 in video he said the 37s don't rub at full articulation. Did I miss something else he mentioned in the video?
You’re right. I’d mixed up two different things he said.

Sponsored

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 BMW Z4, 2021 Tacoma, 2022 X3 M40i
As a car guy (I'm not a truck guy), all I heard for years was how bad the solid axle was in the Mustang and how they praised the current one for finally going independent... And then I buy a Jeep and join a Jeep forum and all I read about is how great the solid axle is.

I understand why it's good for one and bad for the other... I'm just a bit amused by it all.
To be fair, that's comparing IFS to IRS which is a whole different discussion.

OP
OP
Rubi SoHo

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
FYI, that's a Toyota FJ, not an FJ40. FJ40's have a solid front axle and leaf springs, very much like a Wrangler had in the CJ days.
We’ll aware, was actually an autocorrect

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 BMW Z4, 2021 Tacoma, 2022 X3 M40i
I saw that Trailrecon on YouTube has a Bronco as well. He has done a couple of comparisons to the JL too. Seems pretty fairly balanced too - particularly given that Brad has a lot of Jeep experience.