johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is showing up today but I'm at the Tampa super show till Monday. I'll get it installed soon and give a report on driving the Jeep. As far as towing, it made it a few days late to try it on this trip. Looking forward to seeing how that works.
Red Willy
When you do your first backing go slow have a spotter and stop as soon as the wheel starts to turn. And when you are an old pro go slow, have a spotter, and stop as the wheels start to turn. Never assume they will not turn.
Sponsored

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
I think the challenge is that you could have 1000 prototypes and beta testers but if none of them are respected long time contributors to this forum (not me I’m pretty new) with a range of stock (like me) and non stock (most here it seems!) Jeeps then it’s going to be a tough sell. It’s not a $99 pair of mudflaps, it’s a $500 unit.
We need the non-stock guys to test our units, but maybe wait till we start getting units with more pressure that might be needed for highly modified units. We have time to learn what is needed.

ForzaNature

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
ForzaNature
We are talking 10/1000 of inch adjustments, when the pull is gone you will have your tires in the best shape. Maybe wait till some of those who have purchased units start to report what they find. In my experience tires that are tracking straight do not wear. No, pull if they are tracking straight. If you have wear look for problems elsewhere. This is a very simple idea, it is just like having two helpers one pulling on each side of the steering wheel keeping the wheels pointed straight ahead and those helpers will be there when outside forces try to change the direction of tires. Potholes, drop-offs, and blowouts are all items the device works against. Unlike all other stabilizers that just restrict movement, ExactCenter holds center and pushes back to center when you finish a turn. Power steering will hide the assist. If we get this right I think this device can save the straight axle. With the unit sized correctly your big or small, stock or highly modified rig can drive as good as the new Bronco. I just sold my 2021 Bronco with 7000 miles so I do know it is very, very good on-road and I just bought a new 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392 so I do know we will make the Wrangler just as good on road. The 2018 JL Rubicon in the Death Wobble demo on the Roadmaster video was mine, which was made to drive just as good as a new Bronco on the road.
When you are ready let's save the straight Axle together. I am the inventor designer and I want your input so I can make the device better, it is good, together we can make it better and save the straight axle. If we fail the French owners might make your jeeps front-wheel drive or worse.
Thanks for the reply. I’m excited about the potential of the product. I think I’ll go out and see if I can find a smooth clear space where I can test my current set up to get a reference on “not pulling.” I am curious if anyone in the group knows if an alignment by a qualified mechanic would accomplish the centering adjustment with standard alignment tools/procedures.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. I’m excited about the potential of the product. I think I’ll go out and see if I can find a smooth clear space where I can test my current set up to get a reference on “not pulling.” I am curious if anyone in the group knows if an alignment by a qualified mechanic would accomplish the centering adjustment with standard alignment tools/procedures.
ForzaNature, The pull you will feel with Exact Center will be obvious. It will be fairly strong if you are more than one flat or .0104 (10/1000") from the Exact Center. Flats are the 6 surfaces on the lock nut. On the thread on the stabilizer end a 360 degree nut turn is about 1/16 .065" divided by 6= .0104" per flat. Since the Exact Center has a 75 lb push to center what you will feel will be much stronger than a test on your clear open space without Exact Center. Because Exact Center push back starts with any movement off-center it is very easy to feel the pull and know you need adjustment. When the adjustment seems to be less than a single flat, I suggest just driving for a while. Because when you know you can make it better by adjusting sometimes you try to fix things that are road-related and not steering issues.

ForzaNature

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
ForzaNature, The pull you will feel with Exact Center will be obvious. It will be fairly strong if you are more than one flat or .0104 (10/1000") from the Exact Center. Flats are the 6 surfaces on the lock nut. On the thread on the stabilizer end a 360 degree nut turn is about 1/16 .065" divided by 6= .0104" per flat. Since the Exact Center has a 75 lb push to center what you will feel will be much stronger than a test on your clear open space without Exact Center. Because Exact Center push back starts with any movement off-center it is very easy to feel the pull and know you need adjustment. When the adjustment seems to be less than a single flat, I suggest just driving for a while. Because when you know you can make it better by adjusting sometimes you try to fix things that are road-related and not steering issues.
That answers my concern perfectly. Thanks for this. I am going to order one and install before my next trip.

Sponsored

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
That answers my concern perfectly. Thanks for this. I am going to order one and install before my next trip.

ForzaNature Here is a letter from a local fire chief explaining how his staff liked the Exact Center prototype we installed on the village Ford 5500 HD 4WD rescue truck. He waited for his workers to notice the improvement from the Exact Center addition. I drove this Ambulance after the install, it was like a big SUV.
Jeep Wrangler JL Exact Center is a steering stabilizer new for Jeeps JSheppard

Last edited:

Papa John

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Just ordered one for a 2020 JL Unlimited Diesel sitting on 37's. Leonard was great to work with. I left him a message late Friday and he called me back first thing this morning. Stabilizers are in stock, brackets are about 2 weeks out. Hope to have it all installed before dragging the Jeep to Gulf Shores behind a Class C the first of March.

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
I am not far from Roadmaster HQ in Vancouver, Wa. Do they do installs there at the factory?

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered one for a 2020 JL Unlimited Diesel sitting on 37's. Leonard was great to work with. I left him a message late Friday and he called me back first thing this morning. Stabilizers are in stock, brackets are about 2 weeks out. Hope to have it all installed before dragging the Jeep to Gulf Shores behind a Class C the first of March.
Papa John
Tell me how it does backing. 37" may or may not require higher pressure. I just got 2021 392 and I have asked Roadmaster to send me a stock unit (I will learn if the pressure needs to be higher) as I think I have a 3.5" factory lift and 35 x 12.5 with the XR package. I was totally surprised how good the steering is on this unit so maybe the stock pressure will be enough. If you end up needing more PM me. Roadmaster is trying to learn how to raise the pressure, they have made a huge investment to be able to do the same, but it seems like they are still learning. Where are you in Illinois? We have recently sold or plant in Will Co and our farm in Will Co. We moved to upper lower Michigan, business, and homes several years ago.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
I am not far from Roadmaster HQ in Vancouver, Wa. Do they do installs there at the factory?
Gaffer,
I think they will they have done thousands on RVs and many Jeeps. Do contact Josh and if you cannot get him then ask for Eric and then Lenard
I just heard they are out on JL brackets for a couple of days, but ask that could change in hours.
Take the online video tour and when there look around, you will be impressed. https://www.roadmasterinc.com/

Sponsored

Papa John

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Papa John
Tell me how it does backing. 37" may or may not require higher pressure. I just got 2021 392 and I have asked Roadmaster to send me a stock unit (I will learn if the pressure needs to be higher) as I think I have a 3.5" factory lift and 35 x 12.5 with the XR package. I was totally surprised how good the steering is on this unit so maybe the stock pressure will be enough. If you end up needing more PM me. Roadmaster is trying to learn how to raise the pressure, they have made a huge investment to be able to do the same, but it seems like they are still learning. Where are you in Illinois? We have recently sold or plant in Will Co and our farm in Will Co. We moved to upper lower Michigan, business, and homes several years ago.
I will definitely report back on my experience. Anxious to try it out as steering on the JL right now is not the best. I will be happy if that improves and backing the Class C while flat towing would be a bonus. I am in West Central Illinois. Adams County.

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
Well, got home today and received the unit and bracket. Unfortunately I won't be able to get to the install till maybe late tomorrow.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
I will definitely report back on my experience. Anxious to try it out as steering on the JL right now is not the best. I will be happy if that improves and backing the Class C while flat towing would be a bonus. I am in West Central Illinois. Adams County.
Adams co looks like a good place to be, as it is far away from the crazy people, Chicago, St Louis, and others. Our business started in Chicago inner-city 1943, moved to Will co in the '80s and to Michigan 2015 +-. This is my 56th year here. We are now in Michigan's snow center avg 143" a year and offroad trail area, but not a lot of folks. It is kind of nice, maybe a lot like Adams county.

Papa John

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Adams co looks like a good place to be, as it is far away from the crazy people, Chicago, St Louis, and others. Our business started in Chicago inner-city 1943, moved to Will co in the '80s and to Michigan 2015 +-. This is my 56th year here. We are now in Michigan's snow center avg 143" a year and offroad trail area, but not a lot of folks. It is kind of nice, maybe a lot like Adams county.
We need to be even further from the crazy people and your snow average would make Adams County even nicer!!

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
We need to be even further from the crazy people and your snow average would make Adams County even nicer!!
Everyone here is in the snow business, you have to do it to keep open. Between houses and the two shops, we have 5 ways to plow. Right Walmart and other stores have 20 foot high piles of snow and this has been a fairly light snow year. We used to go to Kinsmen to get pigs slaughtered and to buy meat. That seems to be in your direction.
Sponsored