Sponsored

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
That is my son's RV and Jeep, it does back like a boat trailer. There is a long version of the video on this site.
I didn't find a longer video except the install video. Can you post a link?

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
The bushings on the ends are the same width as factory. I have been feeling under the weather the last few days but will be mounting this using a synergy mount and a 1.75 bar clamp as soon as I am feeling better.
The unit Jeep and Dogs has came from a different source, how e
I don't want a freebie or a discount, I just want someone to tell me they would return it if for some reason it does not work with aftermarket brackets like Metalcloak...
Ask Eric at Roadmaster. I am sure he will make you happy even if means a return is needed.
Roadmaster is exceptional in customer service. Ask I think you will be happy.

Sponsored

ForzaNature

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
I tow my 2019 JL Wrangler 2DR behind an RV and am interested for both the backup ability and to combat wobble. My concern is the adjustment to center the wheels. The video shows a trial and error approach to centering. I am sure it's obvious when there's a strong pull to one side, but is it possible that you could end up accelerating tire wear if you don't get the centering to 100% dead on?

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
Mine is showing up today but I'm at the Tampa super show till Monday. I'll get it installed soon and give a report on driving the Jeep. As far as towing, it made it a few days late to try it on this trip. Looking forward to seeing how that works.

LT1

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Hello thread followers.

After taking a look at the design of Exact Center using the patent document images, I'm sold. Have a look at the patent images. This is a completely different design than all the other shock absorber designed steering stabilizers.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US10328971B1/en

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/b4/f4/7b/b594b22f4f1e20/US10328971.pdf

I am not affiliated with the company in any way. Just working on improving on the lack of Jeep engineering in the wayward steering gear the new JLU. You can only take up so much steering gearbox gear lash.

Last edited:

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
There are two different longer videos on pages 6 and 7 of this thread.
here is a link to the longer video
Hello thread followers.

After taking a look at the design of Exact Center using the patent document images, I'm sold. Have a look at the patent images. This is a completely different design than all the other shock absorber designed steering stabilizers.

See the Figure 6 image, showing the internal dual spring loaded design.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US10328971B1/en

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/b4/f4/7b/b594b22f4f1e20/US10328971.pdf

I am not affiliated with the company in any way. Just working on improving on the lack of engineering in the wayward steering gear the new JLU. You can only take up so much steering gear lash.
Fred Thanks for the comments, I got my new 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392 yesterday and I am still smiling. The motor and the sound are addictive. Even at my age almost 78, this is so much fun even on road. The steering is better than expected, tracks true, and holds a line without correction. Two months ago I received my new RV Super C on a Ram 5500 4WD chassis and the steering there was good too, but just like the 392, the RV did not have a real center so when driving and looking around it was easy to wander. The 392 is the same no real center to reference. We did install a 220-pound Exact Center on the RV and that made it near perfect. The firm center stopped all the wandering. On the 392 I have had three drivers review its stock and everyone likes it, but since all have Jeeps and RVs with ExactCenter all are anxious to drive again after the installation of EC. As you probably saw by reviewing the patents the idea is very simple, we have force fighting any turn away from the center easily overpowered by the power steering and the force after the turn to return to center. I describe the assist as having two strong helpers holding each side of the steering wheel resisting anything that tries to move the steering off-center (blow out, holes, debris on the road). Power steering makes the whole thing invisible. This is the first centering hold at the center and returns to center gas-assisted steering product in all history. Simple and fully scaleable. This can save the straight axle if users learn and spread the word. Thanks again.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Hello thread followers.

See the Figure 6 image, showing the internal dual spring loaded design.

I am not affiliated with the company in any way. Just working on improving on the lack of engineering in the wayward steering gear the new JLU. You can only take up so much steering gear lash.
Fred
patent drawing Figure 6 is of an alternate way to build we actually use very high-tech gas springs, one push, and one pull you can see details on the Roadmaster ad. Figure 2 is a simple drawing of gas springs. The patent is protected against all other ways to do the same thing, that is why you see the crude spring drawing. To get our pressure the unit would be massive with coil springs, but it would work.

Sponsored

LT1

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Thanks, I just ordered one from Roadmaster via phone. Very good customer support.

here is a link to the longer video

Fred Thanks for the comments, I got my new 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392 yesterday and I am still smiling. The motor and the sound are addictive. Even at my age almost 78, this is so much fun even on road. The steering is better than expected, tracks true, and holds a line without correction. Two months ago I received my new RV Super C on a Ram 5500 4WD chassis and the steering there was good too, but just like the 392, the RV did not have a real center so when driving and looking around it was easy to wander. The 392 is the same no real center to reference. We did install a 220-pound Exact Center on the RV and that made it near perfect. The firm center stopped all the wandering. On the 392 I have had three drivers review its stock and everyone likes it, but since all have Jeeps and RVs with ExactCenter all are anxious to drive again after the installation of EC. As you probably saw by reviewing the patents the idea is very simple, we have force fighting any turn away from the center easily overpowered by the power steering and the force after the turn to return to center. I describe the assist as having two strong helpers holding each side of the steering wheel resisting anything that tries to move the steering off-center (blow out, holes, debris on the road). Power steering makes the whole thing invisible. This is the first centering hold at the center and returns to center gas-assisted steering product in all history. Simple and fully scaleable. This can save the straight axle if users learn and spread the word. Thanks again.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
I tow my 2019 JL Wrangler 2DR behind an RV and am interested for both the backup ability and to combat wobble. My concern is the adjustment to center the wheels. The video shows a trial and error approach to centering. I am sure it's obvious when there's a strong pull to one side, but is it possible that you could end up accelerating tire wear if you don't get the centering to 100% dead on?
ForzaNature
We are talking 10/1000 of inch adjustments, when the pull is gone you will have your tires in the best shape. Maybe wait till some of those who have purchased units start to report what they find. In my experience tires that are tracking straight do not wear. No, pull if they are tracking straight. If you have wear look for problems elsewhere. This is a very simple idea, it is just like having two helpers one pulling on each side of the steering wheel keeping the wheels pointed straight ahead and those helpers will be there when outside forces try to change the direction of tires. Potholes, drop-offs, and blowouts are all items the device works against. Unlike all other stabilizers that just restrict movement, ExactCenter holds center and pushes back to center when you finish a turn. Power steering will hide the assist. If we get this right I think this device can save the straight axle. With the unit sized correctly your big or small, stock or highly modified rig can drive as good as the new Bronco. I just sold my 2021 Bronco with 7000 miles so I do know it is very, very good on-road and I just bought a new 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392 so I do know we will make the Wrangler just as good on road. The 2018 JL Rubicon in the Death Wobble demo on the Roadmaster video was mine, which was made to drive just as good as a new Bronco on the road.
When you are ready let's save the straight Axle together. I am the inventor designer and I want your input so I can make the device better, it is good, together we can make it better and save the straight axle. If we fail the French owners might make your jeeps front-wheel drive or worse.
Sponsored