Sponsored

ekim

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
Another person interested in a higher mount for the JL plus more discussion on benefits with flat towing and reducing/preventing death wobble.
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
A long one of 2018 Rubicon with inside camera and a drivers impression of a 2018 JL

Video of first drive early prototype before new single shaft design 2018 Rubicon JL 2dr with Exact Center install (no backing on this)
Perfect, thank you. If it is as promising as the video shows…

1. There is a common comment throughout this forum that Jeep owner’s wives and girlfriends won’t drive their Jeeps because of the steering. This product could fix that issue.

2. I could see Jeep either licensing the patent or buying this product for future models.

3. If you were to send one free Exact Center to some of the Jeep dealers that customize some brand new Wranglers, they would probably recommend them to their customers.

4. You could send one free Exact Center to each of the Jeep Clubs so the entire membership could test drive it on the Jeep they decided to install it on.

5. Send one to Brandon the Jeep Informant who does a lot of Jeep videos. He would most likely do a video.

6. Send one to https://tflcar.com/

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
To make brackets they need the model to measure.
So to make mounts they need a CJ to measure. If near Roadmaster plant they will probably do the first CJ for free just to design brackets. They have done this to design over 1000 base plate mounts for different cars and trucks for their tow bars. They computer analyze every connection. Very interesting process tour the plant here https://roadmasterinc.com/
Vancouver! That's not very close to 99% of the country. 😁 I was hoping for somewhere east of the Mississippi at least. Guess I'm not getting a freebie.

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2020 Ram 5500 2020 Lincoln Aviato
Vancouver! That's not very close to 99% of the country. 😁 I was hoping for somewhere east of the Mississippi at least. Guess I'm not getting a freebie.
You are right Vancouver Washington, Portland Oregon is a long drive from just about anywhere in the US, however Roadmaster has (I think) 400 sales outlets plus Keystone Automotive auto parts stores and they do attend RV rallies all over the US where they support their various product lines. With this new product in the Off-road area they might look to expand or maybe they will look for partners in off-road to represent that part of their product line. I am the product inventor, but not a Roadmaster employee so I am waiting to see what direction they go too.
I encourage anyone looking for mount options to talk to Eric and Josh explain what you want in a mount with pictures or sketches. They will be seeing Wranglers that might be similar to yours.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
so after watching the video it appears as if the dead spot in the center is still their. On mine i had the steering box replaced, and it still has a nasty dead spot in the middle it does not appear as if this takes care of that. which is a real bummer.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
so after watching the video it appears as if the dead spot in the center is still their. On mine i had the steering box replaced, and it still has a nasty dead spot in the middle it does not appear as if this takes care of that. which is a real bummer.
I mean, how could it?

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
I mean, how could it?
The plot thickens

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I'm just saying, if you understand what causes a steering dead spot and understand what a stabilizer does you would never ask this question.
ok smartass, maybe i dont, thats why i asked.... after all isnt that what the forum is for. This is my first jeep, and first vehicle ive ever had this symptom with. My brothers JK doesnt do it so im wondering why the hell does the JL. Ive had the recall done, and am trying to find a way to make this dead spot go away.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
ok smartass, maybe i dont, thats why i asked.... after all isnt that what the forum is for. This is my first jeep, and first vehicle ive ever had this symptom with. My brothers JK doesnt do it so im wondering why the hell does the JL. Ive had the recall done, and am trying to find a way to make this dead spot go away.
Wasn't trying to be a smartass. Your dead spot is caused by play in the steering system. The stabilizer can't remove play as it is only there to dampen movement. The play comes from a loose connection/connections or a loose steering box or flex in one of the mounts, or more than likely a combination of all of the above.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
With Exact Center installed the space in the center will be under 2mm. It will have a real on-center feel. Again if you have worn or loose members the centering will push or pull on anything loose. That will not be what you want. Fix all loose connections then install Exact Center
Please explain how you think a stabilizer can fix a dead spot.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Not at all. It’s in the works. Big Jeep community in the PNW. We will have one!
There is more to understand. Until now there has never been a stabilizer with a return to center and hold at the center, you have to rethink what happens when you install this device. This is more like a separate powered centering system than a static stabilizer. The first users will give input that will help improve the following product attributes. This type of design has the ability to do much more than a two-way shock adjustable stabilizer. The whole idea of what a stabilizer can do is about to change.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
dont know.... thats why i asked....
Until now there has never been a stabilizer with a return to center and hold at center, you have to rethink what happens when you install this device. This is more like a separate powered centering system than a static stabilizer. The first users will give input that will help improve the following product attributes. This type of design has the ability to do much more than a two-way shock adjustable stabilizer. The whole idea of what a stabilizer can do is about to change.
Sponsored