Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
the stock mounting location for the JL Stabilizer is stupid; anyone driving over anything irregular is likely to bash it.

if anyone was going to do anything with a Stabilizer on a JL, it should wind up relocated above the axle (as was the case with the JK).

Only issue I see while viewing above video is it looks like the drivers mount is a little low for comfort.
Sponsored

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
What is it? Exact Center is a steering stabilizer but it's different from anything else on the market today.

Why is it unique? It's proactive. While other systems slowly ramp up forces to control steering, they do nothing if you are traveling straight down the road. As you turn, these stabilizers will begin to push back and help control your steering but only after it's wandered. Exact Center uses all of its force to prevent any movement, resulting in a tight, responsive feel. In summary, others reactively increase steering control as you move away from center, whereas Exact Center proactively stops poor handling characteristics before they begin.

Why is this important? Other stabilizers have a soft center, giving a spongy feel that allows the vehicle to wander. Ramping up force gradually like this means that there is more play, more wander and more white-knuckling. Exact Center provides more of a sports-car-like feel and significantly reduces driver fatigue.

Will this help with "Death Wobble"? Yes. Some vehicles, under just the right circumstances, will develop a harmonic vibration, resulting in the front tires violently racking from side to side. This is known as "Death Wobble" and although rare, it is well known within the Jeep community. Exact Center stops the forces that cause it, greatly reducing the chance of it ever happening.

What vehicles will benefit from Exact Center? Most motorhomes, trucks, and Jeeps, as well as towed vehicles behind RVs.

Why would I want a steering stabilizer on my towed vehicle? Just like a shopping cart, your front tires want to spin around while backing up. As a result, you can easily damage your towed vehicle or the towing system due to jackknifing. Exact Center resists those forces, thereby allowing most towed vehicles to be backed up like a trailer. This is a game changer.

ec_main_image.png

https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php
Great engineering idea for Jeep Wrangler front suspension and other vehicles with similar 4X4 front steering setups.

Please send me one, I'd love to test it out :)

Kevin32199

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 Door
How is this different than, say, what a dual nitrogen stabilizer setup does? I'd like to know how it works to keep the steering centered any better. It seems to me there is going to be assistance and resistance either direction turned. Explanation?

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I recommend the Clayton relocation bracket. MetalCloak’s is a little off on the angle, and the Synergy bolt freezes and breaks off.
Thank you very much. I knew I needed one and had glanced at them but hadn’t done any research at all. 👍🏻

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roadmaster

Roadmaster

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota PU

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
From just looking I don't think so. We are in work on our own bracket. The Exact Center is a bit longer than that fox shock.
Length shouldn’t be an issue if you can mount it in the stock location.

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
What is it? Exact Center is a steering stabilizer but it's different from anything else on the market today.

Why is it unique? It's proactive. While other systems slowly ramp up forces to control steering, they do nothing if you are traveling straight down the road. As you turn, these stabilizers will begin to push back and help control your steering but only after it's wandered. Exact Center uses all of its force to prevent any movement, resulting in a tight, responsive feel. In summary, others reactively increase steering control as you move away from center, whereas Exact Center proactively stops poor handling characteristics before they begin.

Why is this important? Other stabilizers have a soft center, giving a spongy feel that allows the vehicle to wander. Ramping up force gradually like this means that there is more play, more wander and more white-knuckling. Exact Center provides more of a sports-car-like feel and significantly reduces driver fatigue.

Will this help with "Death Wobble"? Yes. Some vehicles, under just the right circumstances, will develop a harmonic vibration, resulting in the front tires violently racking from side to side. This is known as "Death Wobble" and although rare, it is well known within the Jeep community. Exact Center stops the forces that cause it, greatly reducing the chance of it ever happening.

What vehicles will benefit from Exact Center? Most motorhomes, trucks, and Jeeps, as well as towed vehicles behind RVs.

Why would I want a steering stabilizer on my towed vehicle? Just like a shopping cart, your front tires want to spin around while backing up. As a result, you can easily damage your towed vehicle or the towing system due to jackknifing. Exact Center resists those forces, thereby allowing most towed vehicles to be backed up like a trailer. This is a game changer.
Hi Kevin, So $400 MSRP. What is the warranty on the Exact Center stabilizer?
I could possibly justify the $400 if the functional improvement and warranty is commensurate with the price. :)

OP
OP
Roadmaster

Roadmaster

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota PU
Hi Kevin, So $400 MSRP. What is the warranty on the Exact Center stabilizer?
I could possibly justify the $400 if the functional improvement and warranty is commensurate with the price. :)
All of Roadmaster parts come with a limited life time warranty!

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Interesting. Seems like it would help a flat towed vehicle recenter it’s wheels after a sharp turn. I plan on flat towing my JLUR in the near future.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
How wide/thick are the ends? Im looking to use a double shear mount.
Sponsored