Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Keep us posted. On the fence of going with a Fox ATS or this.
ever solve your pull? if not, are you still on factory stabilizer?
Sponsored

shepboyrd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Occupation
Design Team with Exact Center
So, you guys are all having problems with the steering naturally returning to center after turns and curves?

It's been my understanding that nitrogen charged shocks need to be replenished on a year or so basis, depending on use. After over 2 years of use, I just recently purchased a nitrogen charge system for my 6-packs which had dropped from 150 to 60psi. I'm just having a hard time seeing the benefit of steering that springs back to center, which it should be doing on its one, outweighs having 2 nitrogen points that can't be serviced.

Worth mentioning, the only factory parts on my Jeep south of the frame are the axle housings and carrier assemblies. It's actually lifted 4" over stock and on 40x13.5's and, courtesy of a lot of supportive parts, is far more resistant to a higher degree of crosswind speed and only sees minimal bumpsteer over the harsher hits compared to when it was bone stock.

I'm not arguing the possible merits, which would be foolish without actual hands on experience. I just always question the point of diminishing returns, along with trying to keep mindful of possible downsides that may offset the upsides over the long haul.

I spent months of on and off research on the Antirocks, and how they fared over time on others JL's that were also daily drivers, before I finally pulled the trigger for mine. I plan on doing the same on this charged stabilizer. I'm specifically interested in its longer term ability to maintain pressure, and that pressures affect on both the piston and gland nut packings after some mileage gets racked up by the early adopters.

Again, not questioning its merits, just what only time and use on our JL's will answer. What I'm most curious at this time is if some of your Jeeps are not naturally returning to center when coming out of turns and curves with forward movement?
Mike,

I have personally been performing multiple tests on these units. I have had 1 unit submerged in water for 2 months now, I periodically test pressure and it still yields the same result, also shows no signs of water entering the system. Another test I have been doing is a cycle test. The unit has been through the (non generous) equivalent of 20,000 miles (80,000 inches of movement). It still shows the same pressure as when the test began. I plan to run all of these tests until failure, and I will be more than happy to share the results when I get them. We have done these tests before on our prototypes with outstanding results. These units seem to be on the road to the same conclusion. I will keep you guys updated.

-Tony

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine this weekend. I'm on the fence about it..
I like the return to center feel, but with the little bit of lash in my steering box there's still that play. Maybe I expected it to correct that where it doesn't. I'll ride it for a bit more, get use to the way it feels then throw my old stabilizer back on and make my call then.
Well I can say that I have probably the exact same mods you do and without a stabilizer my Jeep will return to center with little effort. WITH a the Fox ATS on it set to the firmness I LIKE air will not return to center fully. It will get 95% to center but the last 2-3* I need to steer it back to center because the ATS will hold the steering pretty much wherever you leave it.

I have no clue how it will hold up over time, but I can say that after chasing the shimmy I had for well over a year and replacing EVERY factory steering and suspension component at least once and in some cases 2-3 times, ball joints being one of the parts that were replaced several times this has by far made the most improvement in drivability,the Rusty’s steering is a very close second. I have close to 3k on it so far and that has been over the winter months which I normally don’t even drive the thing but I did because I actually enjoyed driving it again. Wednesday I leave for a 4 day trip to the Smokey’s that I would normally just take the wife’s Grand Cherokee because the JL wasn’t really enjoyable to drive on long trips but we are leaving her Jeep home this time and taking the JL.
I installed mine this weekend. I'm on the fence about it..
I like the return to center feel, but with the little bit of lash in my steering box there's still that play. Maybe I expected it to correct that where it doesn't. I'll ride it for a bit more, get use to the way it feels then throw my old stabilizer back on and make my call then.
Any EC purchased and received before 4-11-2022 will be replaced due to a computer error on Traction filling. [email protected] is now doing
non-computer filling with manual pressure varication.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Now I'm remembering your past postings about chasing the shimmy. And I never said anything about an easy fix, just that there's still something lurking on your Jeep. Still, I'm glad to hear that your back to enjoying being behind the wheel of it!

Sponsored

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks John... I will indeed go with the 140lb for my JLR per Tony's recommendation! I'm on his notification list and will order as soon as it is up and running. I'm a structural engineer and I appreciate your invention and the personal time you are giving here to respond to questions.

Since there has been sort of an evolution on pressures I wanted to be sure I am diving in at the right time. Sounds like it.
Today might be the first day they are getting the results they need. I think RM will make an announcement soon on how they handle back log and new orders. I will let Abraham and Eric break the news when ready, expect to hear Monday or sooner.
email [email protected] with questions.
Can you install this an still tow the Jeep behind a RV on a Tow Bar.
Will it affect the 4 down towing?
Red Willy answered this.

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Any EC purchased and received before 4-11-2022 will be replaced due to a computer error on Traction filling. [email protected] is now doing
non-computer filling with manual pressure varication.
Will those of us who have requested a different pressure from Tony receive the new requested pressure or original pressure?

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Will those of us who have requested a different pressure from Tony receive the new requested pressure or original pressure?
This is new so pick the pressure you want now and Tony will give it to you. Use Tony.
Things are fixed see this video
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WVK4Mj1bC8MB9bbz5
non-computer filling with manual pressure verification.

Last edited:

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Tony recommended the 140lb EC for my 2dr JLR. Waiting impatiently. I will be pulling it behind my Class C, off-roading, mild rock crawling, and driver around town. No long distance road trips not being pulled.

Waiting for the go ahead to order. Hope to have it installed before June.

Anyone else in this situation as far as use?

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
ever solve your pull? if not, are you still on factory stabilizer?
Never solved my pull because I knew I probably needed at least the Mopar control arms and thought it would be best to just replace everything. This was around November and I just let the holidays pass by without doing much. I’m now about to pull the plunge on a full set up.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Never solved my pull because I knew I probably needed at least the Mopar control arms and thought it would be best to just replace everything. This was around November and I just let the holidays pass by without doing much. I’m now about to pull the plunge on a full set up.
heading this way anytime soon? im about to swap out to a 392 suspension, will need to test it out.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
heading this way anytime soon? im about to swap out to a 392 suspension, will need to test it out.
No not anytime soon. The installers are backed up for 5 weeks. I’m trying to determine if I’m going to use my take offs on my wife’s Jeep. If I don’t and I end up selling them, I’ll contact you first :)

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
No not anytime soon. The installers are backed up for 5 weeks. I’m trying to determine if I’m going to use my take offs on my wife’s Jeep. If I don’t and I end up selling them, I’ll contact you first :)
I have a set already Im about to install. Ill let you know how it goes, and before and after measurements. would be a big difference on hers.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I have a set already Im about to install. Ill let you know how it goes, and before and after measurements. would be a big difference on hers.
Yeah keep me posted :)
Sponsored