Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyShooter

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
What was the result of the PSI test? Did they update the software that increases the voltage to the steering pump? If they did successfully, you should now hear a slight whining noise from the steering pump when you turn the steering wheel. Do you hear it?
Not sure a slight whine means what you think it does, I've had the same noise on my 19 since I factory ordered it.
Advertisement

JeepinJason33

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6 with Etorque - just starting build. 2019 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2001 XJ mild build, 97 TJ supercharged, Atlas, cage, 1 tons, OBA etc. 83 Cherokee Chief Restored
Alrui
I agree you would think someone would of tried this, but it is a tech hole that no one but me has gone into. 7.5 billion people and just me saw this. In 1998 I invented the first two-way gas spring application with Blue Ox Tru-Center a single gas spring that by a Rubicks series of 4 tubes that single spring is compressed in right or left turns. In 1998 there was no pull/traction spring. When I saw my first traction spring I was the most surprised person, and when I bought a traction spring and a push spring to make the first device and when that device along with the next two designs single body two springs inside, single shaft with two springs all received US and Foreign Utility patents I was amazed. Even better the patents cover all uses of the design, not just steering. It turns out I was all the prior Art (if there is similar prior Art the patent window narrows, but here it is all me) so the patent we received is the broadest I have ever seen and I have 22 plus patents in the last 42 years. I say to myself how could there be only one? I have spent maybe $500000.00 on a idea the biggest gas spring company (even with a prototype in their hand) in the world offered to let their chief engineer explain why it would not work. It has been a very long trip for me and my family. I do not blaine any one for thinking if it is good why wouldn't someone else have done it. Well it is more work than you can believe and the other guys don't see it working. We will soon see if it worth all the time, money, and effort and is it really new.

John,

In most of your pictures, I am seeing the stabilizer is almost always horizontal and nearly flat. Will it still work at an angle? Most of us are running aftermarket steering stabilizers. I am running the MetalCloak and I believe the mounts are strong enough to add your stabilizer to it. However, it would place the stabilizer at an angle. You can see from the picture below that the mount can be moved outward to allow for the extra length of your stabilizer.

For reference, I will be towing this rig behind my Super C with a Roadmaster All Terrain setup.

IMG_5038.jpg

OP
OP
Roadmaster

Roadmaster

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota PU
John,

In most of your pictures, I am seeing the stabilizer is almost always horizontal and nearly flat. Will it still work at an angle? Most of us are running aftermarket steering stabilizers. I am running the MetalCloak and I believe the mounts are strong enough to add your stabilizer to it. However, it would place the stabilizer at an angle. You can see from the picture below that the mount can be moved outward to allow for the extra length of your stabilizer.

For reference, I will be towing this rig behind my Super C with a Roadmaster All Terrain setup.

IMG_5038.jpg

Hey Jason,

Great question! At this time we haven't seen any change in performance of the spring whether it be mounted horizontally or diagonally. The only issue we've run into with Exact Center is the length, as it may contact that front pumpkin when wheels are turned left or right. We are actively working towards utilizing the aforementioned relocation brackets produced by Clayton, Metal Cloak, and Synergy to move the stabilizer out of harms way.

JeepinJason33

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6 with Etorque - just starting build. 2019 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2001 XJ mild build, 97 TJ supercharged, Atlas, cage, 1 tons, OBA etc. 83 Cherokee Chief Restored
Hey Jason,

Great question! At this time we haven't seen any change in performance of the spring whether it be mounted horizontally or diagonally. The only issue we've run into with Exact Center is the length, as it may contact that front pumpkin when wheels are turned left or right. We are actively working towards utilizing the aforementioned relocation brackets produced by Clayton, Metal Cloak, and Synergy to move the stabilizer out of harms way.
Ok, let me know if you need any test dummies. As mentioned, I will be flat towing this vehicle very regularly behind a Super C with Road Master towing set up including the All terrain and tow defender.

jdshep1

First Name
johnd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlr
Ok, let me know if you need any test dummies. As mentioned, I will be flat towing this vehicle very regularly behind a Super C with Road Master towing set up including the All-terrain and tow defender.
With double seals, the position is not an issue. Long ago and with basic gas springs you did need rod down to keep oil on the seals. Back in 1998 when I invented the first gas spring steering stabilizer we addressed that issue with some of the first double seals, today it is probably the industry standard to have double seals on gas springs that have mounting positions other than rod down. Any position is safe.
I have a 2021 Dynamax Super C and I pull four down, previously I had a Renegade Super C and before that a Seneca Super C, all pulling Roadmaster 4 down. The Dynamax is pulling a 2021 Bronco (testing) the other two pulled a 2018 JL and before a Grand Cherokee and a 2008 Wrangler. And before the Super C's there were many Class A DP's pulling Jeeps, Grand Cherokees, and Wranglers going back to 1998 all 4 down. There are interesting stories about steering column locks that seem to have a mind of their own.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roadmaster

Roadmaster

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota PU
If any of you live near Quartzsite AZ, Roadmaster will be coming to town for the

Quartzsite Sports, Vacation & RV Show January 22nd to the 30th. Look for us at booths 101-104

and come say hi!

JeepinJason33

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will you be sending out any kind of an update about this working with Metal Cloak steering system? Just picked up our Super C this week...

nc_ohc=WoB3rOD8gnsAX-q7VwF&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-2.jpg

jdshep1

First Name
johnd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlr
Will you be sending out any kind of an update about this working with Metal Cloak steering system? Just picked up our Super C this week...

nc_ohc=WoB3rOD8gnsAX-q7VwF&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-2.jpg
If the ends fit your studs and the studs are strong enough there is no Issue.
Roadmaster will have brackets for this Seneca C unit, but they may not have EC units that are right yet.
YOUR M2 or M2RV chassis is about 31000 (if I remember correctly)
After 12 or more DP's I am on my 3rd Super C, My first was a 2015 Seneca 37 3 slide, 2nd was a 2017 Renegade and 2021 is a Dynamax on a Ram 5500 it is a 28SS Explorer. You will need a 330 lb will make all side wind go away. On my Renegade, I started at 175 lbs and finished at 330 LB. Power steering makes it invisible. That hold is like having two 330 lb linebackers holding the wheel for you, nothing will be able to move you off course. Roadmaster will be offering trim on the fly option that could be added later. It does make the install a 2-second button push to get an exact center. Without the trim device, it may take one or two easy adjustments. However with the trim option if you get on a road that the wind is making you hold pressure against it a simple push of a button will let the EC hold the wind pressure for you. I-80 did this to me for 400 miles, then I did not have trim. I do have a lot of experience with Freifgtliner M2 and M2RV chassis and Super C in general. Mine is a bit smaller on RAM 5500 4WD weights ]n at 20000 so with the 6.7 it is a Rocket when compared to your 31000 lbs with the same engine.

wranglerbro

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hey Jason,

As soon as this is confirmed, I'm getting in line.

JeepinJason33

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As soon as this is confirmed, I'm getting in line.
Yes, not sure I got my answer confirmed... I am hesitant to order this without know whether the ends will work or not. I am assuming that the ends of the RoadMaster return to center are the same as a regular steering stabilizer shock?

I don't mind being a guinea pig if I can get confirmation I can return the product if it does not fit.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Yes, not sure I got my answer confirmed... I am hesitant to order this without know whether the ends will work or not. I am assuming that the ends of the RoadMaster return to center are the same as a regular steering stabilizer shock?

I don't mind being a guinea pig if I can get confirmation I can return the product if it does not fit.
The bushings on the ends are the same width as factory. I have been feeling under the weather the last few days but will be mounting this using a synergy mount and a 1.75 bar clamp as soon as I am feeling better.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme Terrain

Advertisement