Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
That looks like what was arbitrarily labeled as "Z" or "twist" in the illustration.

It also looks like 20ish degrees rather than the one half of 90 degrees. Maybe they mean to explain that the joint can flex 45 degrees, although that might only be possible if the control arms were not bolted into control arm brackets that constrain the movement.
If it's saying 20°, than it means in each direction for a total of 40°.
Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes.

The question was based upon a curiosity about the specifications Rock Krawler lists for many of their lift packages. There are a lot of "near 90's" numbers listed, which, as I think you are suggesting, are to be interpreted as a figure that represents a doubling of the capability of one end of the arm.

Before I started wondering how they get each end of the control arms to flex 45 degrees, I thought I should attempt to understand what direction they are speaking of when they mention the numbers.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes.

The question was based upon a curiosity about the specifications Rock Krawler lists for many of their lift packages. There are a lot of "near 90's" numbers listed, which as I think you are suggesting are to be interpreted, as a figure that represents a doubling of the capability of one end of the arm.

Before I started wondering how they get each end of the control arms to flex 45 degrees, I should attempt to understand what direction they are speaking of when they mention the numbers.

Thank you.
Yes, exactly. The big number would be the total misalignment across the 2 bushings on the same bar.

I had all 8 arms from Synergy, which are great, but not for being paired with a very flexible lift like the Metalcloak I've switched to or Rokys Rock Krawler setup.

Here's a pic of a Synergy arm being flexed way past its capability, which resulted in the threaded end spinning under the clamping force of its pinch bolt.
Jeep Wrangler JL Evo VS Metalcloak suspension systems 20200918_151217

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yes, exactly. The big number would be the total misalignment across the 2 bushings on the same bar.

I had all 8 arms from Synergy, which are great, but not for being paired with a very flexible lift like the Metalcloak I've switched to or Rokys Rock Krawler setup.

Here's a pic of a Synergy arm being flexed way past its capability, which resulted in the threaded end spinning under the clamping force of its pinch bolt.
That’s exactly why I laugh when people say that punch bolts are fine and jam nuts aren’t needed. It doesn’t really take that much stress to do this either.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s exactly why I laugh when people say that punch bolts are fine and jam nuts aren’t needed. It doesn’t really take that much stress to do this either.
I originally liked the adjustable while installed factor, and used them to complete my first lift the Dynatrac Endurosport. I've since upgraded to Metalcloak, so I'm on the tail end of switching everything over. Just have to swap out the rear synergy arms. I also got their crows feet for the jamb nuts, which are much better than standard open ended ones, which sometimes like to round the flats on the nuts. The pinch bolts were at 100ftlbs, but I feel better about having jamb nuts that easily took 200. If they move, I've got some bigger problems. Lol

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I originally liked the adjustable while installed factor, and used them to complete my first lift the Dynatrac Endurosport. I've since upgraded to Metalcloak, so I'm on the tail end of switching everything over. Just have to swap out the rear synergy arms. I also got their crows feet for the jamb nuts, which are much better than standard open ended ones, which sometimes like to round the flats on the nuts. The pinch bolts were at 100ftlbs, but I feel better about having jamb nuts that easily took 200. If they move, I've got some bigger problems. Lol
Yeah everyone touts adjustability, but how much are you going to adjust them once you get them set? The reality is pinch bolts just aren't anywhere near as strong as jam nuts and when you start twisting on these things strength is what you need. You won't be sorry with the Metalcloak stuff, it's amazing and a great company.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah everyone touts adjustability, but how much are you going to adjust them once you get them set? The reality is pinch bolts just aren't anywhere near as strong as jam nuts and when you start twisting on these things strength is what you need. You won't be sorry with the Metalcloak stuff, it's amazing and a great company.
Exactly! Once you get 6-6.5°, it might as well get a bead of weld. Lol!

And yeah, if not Metalcloak I can only see going with Rock Krawler.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
@Rock Krawler Suspension

I know this is an old thread, but I found it while searching for the info I would like to ask about.

Which plane is being spoken of in the Rock Krawler descriptions of total flexibility?

Thank you.
In this image and with the nature of a spherical joint, X and Z are the same capabilities just viewed at 90 degrees different angle. The Krawler Joint is capable of 30 degrees in each direction for a total of 60 degrees and the Pro Flex joint at the frame is capable of 15 each way resulting in an arm capable of 90 total.

Y is totally unlimited.

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
I was very skeptical of metalcloak at first. I ran their game changer 3.5 on my JKR for 4 1/2 years without a single bushing going bad and not a spec of rust on any of the components. I felt I really got my money’s worth and will be going with them again on my JL. Evo has an awesome reputation but I can’t justify the extra 💰

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I was very skeptical of metalcloak at first. I ran their game changer 3.5 on my JKR for 4 1/2 years without a single bushing going bad and not a spec of rust on any of the components. I felt I really got my money’s worth and will be going with them again on my JL. Evo has an awesome reputation but I can’t justify the extra 💰
That's funny, I've heard nothing but horror stories from people dealing with EVO. From missing hardware to terrible customer service, and this is from the majority not the minority.
Sponsored