First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
So here’s a look at the UD60’s and 40” Nitto’s on the 3.5 MetalCloak GameChanger. I still have some tweaks to iron out this week but absolutely love how it’s coming together.

1A6B4F54-D74D-42A8-B1C8-93B9CB46CF9C.jpeg

1042F13D-701B-4637-B598-DE0E031DEBB4.jpeg

FDE8F370-5B98-4897-92B0-5817CEC78201.jpeg
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
So here’s a look at the UD60’s and 40” Nitto’s on the 3.5 MetalCloak GameChanger. I still have some tweaks to iron out this week but absolutely love how it’s coming together.

Jeep Wrangler JL Evo Pro Long Arm vs Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer for JLUR FDE8F370-5B98-4897-92B0-5817CEC78201

Jeep Wrangler JL Evo Pro Long Arm vs Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer for JLUR FDE8F370-5B98-4897-92B0-5817CEC78201

Looks great!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sweet!!

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I was honestly thinking about going with the EVO Enforcer Pro long arm coilover kit NV2514 I think. Looking to install maybe late fall early spring. Looking for an adjustable flex, maybe? I looked at the MC 3.5" game changer but I can get a little bit more out of the EVO and didn't want to do it again.

Hockyman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I decided to go with the 6-pack shocks. Time will tell if I regret that decision or not.
I have the same lift with the 6-pack shocks. They flex really nice and I loved how they rode. However they need maintenance and more often if you are hard on them. I have had them recharged with nitrogen once and that helped but as others have said they do leak oil. I had mine just over 1.5 years and I need them to be rebuilt. However I did abuse these shocks a lot.

I just recently contacted rebel offroad and ordered their bolt on coilover kit. I can't wait to get it.

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had metalcloak GC with their rock-sport shocks for about 2 years now. No issues with their arms or springs. Currently on Kingpin 60 axles and 40's. I do notice that the rock-sport shocks are done especially with the added weight of the heavier wheel/tire/axle combo. First trail out after swapping over and i overcooked the shocks enough to lose all damping and even changed the color of the paint on the shocks. There just isnt enough shock for the extra unsprung weight. Currently in the market to get new shocks or go with something different. The issue is once you go to a rocksport shock, you get spoiled with the total shock travel and shock length. If you go to a different shock you are losing wheel travel at full droop. There is a set of fox external resi shocks that are similar in lengths with a little longer in the rear but those shocks are close to 3k. I am entertaining the idea of moving up to either EVO long-arms and Evo coil-overs or custom 3 link with 16" stroke 2.5" coil-overs since buying.

Going from a metalcloak to evo long-arm wouldn't help much in terms of flex since you would be limited by shock travel and bump-stops. You would gain better ride comfort (Everything else being equal) and less horizontal axle movement at full stuff which can help with clearance issues.

The major concern with EVO/REBEL coil-over kits is the placement of the rear coil-over. Its placement makes it a real rock catcher and it would be painful to destroy some nice high dollar kings.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I've had metalcloak GC with their rock-sport shocks for about 2 years now. No issues with their arms or springs. Currently on Kingpin 60 axles and 40's. I do notice that the rock-sport shocks are done especially with the added weight of the heavier wheel/tire/axle combo. First trail out after swapping over and i overcooked the shocks enough to lose all damping and even changed the color of the paint on the shocks. There just isnt enough shock for the extra unsprung weight. Currently in the market to get new shocks or go with something different. The issue is once you go to a rocksport shock, you get spoiled with the total shock travel and shock length. If you go to a different shock you are losing wheel travel at full droop. There is a set of fox external resi shocks that are similar in lengths with a little longer in the rear but those shocks are close to 3k. I am entertaining the idea of moving up to either EVO long-arms and Evo coil-overs or custom 3 link with 16" stroke 2.5" coil-overs since buying.

Going from a metalcloak to evo long-arm wouldn't help much in terms of flex since you would be limited by shock travel and bump-stops. You would gain better ride comfort (Everything else being equal) and less horizontal axle movement at full stuff which can help with clearance issues.

The major concern with EVO/REBEL coil-over kits is the placement of the rear coil-over. Its placement makes it a real rock catcher and it would be painful to destroy some nice high dollar kings.
I have the same lift with the 6-pack shocks. They flex really nice and I loved how they rode. However they need maintenance and more often if you are hard on them. I have had them recharged with nitrogen once and that helped but as others have said they do leak oil. I had mine just over 1.5 years and I need them to be rebuilt. However I did abuse these shocks a lot.

I just recently contacted rebel offroad and ordered their bolt on coilover kit. I can't wait to get it.
With all your unsprung mass id shift to a king or adjustable REmote res Fox for 4-6” of lift. This should mimic the stroke of the rock sports. Be ready to rebuild every 30k tho. Have a beater set to throw on when you send them out to king or fox so your rig isnt out of commission.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
With all your unsprung mass id shift to a king or adjustable REmote res Fox for 4-6” of lift. This should mimic the stroke of the rock sports. Be ready to rebuild every 30k tho. Have a beater set to throw on when you send them out to king or fox so your rig isnt out of commission.

Yup i was looking at the fox 2.5" race series w/ external reservoir for 4.5-6" lift. But getting a set would cost a pretty penny. $3000 for shocks and it would be a temporary stop gap for the future. I would still want to go coil-overs in the future for the ability to adjust ride height and spring rates

OP
OP
SaltyJLUR

SaltyJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Update 9-4-20:

Just had the Metalcloak 3.5 inch Game Changer installed. I ordered the 6pak shocks with the lift but there was a delay getting the shocks. Metalcloak threw in the Rocksports for the time being at no extra charge since I’ve been waiting 5 weeks. Phase 1 complete. Here’s the link to the showcase if anyone is interested:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/showcase/2020-jlur.1725/

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Update 9-4-20:

Just had the Metalcloak 3.5 inch Game Changer installed. I ordered the 6pak shocks with the lift but there was a delay getting the shocks. Metalcloak threw in the Rocksports for the time being at no extra charge since I’ve been waiting 5 weeks. Phase 1 complete. Here’s the link to the showcase if anyone is interested:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/showcase/2020-jlur.1725/
Id be pissed 5 weeks is ridiculous. Honestly if cancel the order ... imagine what its going to be when you need a re-build every 50k miles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SaltyJLUR

SaltyJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Id be pissed 5 weeks is ridiculous. Honestly if cancel the order ... imagine what its going to be when you need a re-build every 50k miles.
5 weeks is a bit ridiculous but I got a set of free Rocksport shocks out of it. I’ll be able to slap those puppies on whenever I have to remove the 6paks to have them serviced.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Turn around on a 6 pak rebuild is a couple days. Thanks to Covid, there’s been part delays for months. MC isn’t the only company experiencing this. When suppliers fail to supply, companies cannot fulfill orders. MC is upfront with everyone and expectations. I placed an order Thursday And Friday received an email notifying me of potential delays. It is what it is and the communication and setting expectations is important to me

brett

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Turn around on a 6 pak rebuild is a couple days. Thanks to Covid, there’s been part delays for months. MC isn’t the only company experiencing this. When suppliers fail to supply, companies cannot fulfill orders. MC is upfront with everyone and expectations. I placed an order Thursday And Friday received an email notifying me of potential delays. It is what it is and the communication and setting expectations is important to me

brett
I couldn't agree with you more, Brett. In an ever growing sea of bullshit and commentary from those without a clue, you provide a light in the proper direction. Thank you very much for that!

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White

brett
i mean we are crankin with no delays over here and shipping same day (most of the time).
Sponsored