Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well lets see here...

triple rate springs? Comon’ breh.... not fooling anyone with that.

in addition to that, their valving on their shocks matched with their coils make for a pretty rough ride over a linear set up. their shocks are nice dont get me wrong but how are you supposed to valve properly when your spring isnt linear rate??? Not to mention when you up at that price point , i would rather go to King or Fox for shocks.

Lastly , their krawler joints make little provisions for NVH. And if you dont grease them frequntly your 50k jeep turns into a squeak box.

just my opinion, backed up by 2 of my friends that I helped install kits on 1 jk 1 JL.
Super happy w my RK LongArm setup. I keep 000 stocked in my garage. I do grease the zerks every tire rotation and they have been squeak free.
Yeah no thanks on the linear springs. I have mine setup for maximum flex and would easily unseat them. My ride is fantastic and whisper quiet. Try again man.
I for one , am enjoying the hell out of my entry level kit......:)

Jeep Wrangler JL Evo Pro Long Arm vs Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer for JLUR C3B0FD8F-268B-47FB-876A-6CCA7B107352
Jeep Wrangler JL Evo Pro Long Arm vs Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer for JLUR 2D20277D-2079-4529-8188-F5094B30845C
Jeep Wrangler JL Evo Pro Long Arm vs Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer for JLUR 6250027B-6B54-4EFE-9109-160E8308CA5C

Jeep Wrangler JL Evo Pro Long Arm vs Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer for JLUR CE0503A6-307B-45D7-B151-31E4B838CE06
Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I for one , am enjoying the hell out of my entry level kit......:)

Jeep Wrangler JL Evo Pro Long Arm vs Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer for JLUR CE0503A6-307B-45D7-B151-31E4B838CE06

Stop de-railing the guys thread. Of course yr going to talk good about the kit youve purchased. I’m happy you like it . As stated its my opinion .

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Stop de-railing the guys thread. Of course yr going to talk good about the kit youve purchased. I’m happy you like it . As stated its my opinion .
I got tired of wrestling with accessing the fittings on my RK LCA's to grease them. Had 2 drop the LCA's and then had 2 fittings break. They also started squeaking and I dont like how they dont angle in for tire clearance. Gave them to a friend and swapped to Metalcloak. Much happier.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not trying to argue with you guys, I think MC is a great lift, OP will be very happy with it. We installed the GC on my buddy’s rig, and he loves it. I’m just letting guys know that not everybody’s having issues with RK. And it’s certainly not an entry level kit. RK and MC are the two top tier kits IMO. The RK does require more maintenance, but to some , that’s certainly not a deal breaker. I recommend both of them to everyone. Anyway......Just my .02.

Last edited:

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I’m not trying to argue with you guys, I think MC is a great lift, OP will be very happy with it. We installed the GC on my buddy’s rig, and he loves it. I’m just letting guys know that not everybody’s having issues with RK. And it’s certainly not an entry level kit. RK and MC are the two top tier kits IMO. The RK does require more maintenance, but to some , that’s certainly not a deal breaker. I recommend both of them to everyone. Anyway......Just my .02.
Those Fox 2.5’s are sweet btw...

OP what are you going with for your Shocks?

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I decided to go with the 6-pack shocks. Time will tell if I regret that decision or not.
they are a little gimmicy but i think they perfected them. Because of the way they work they actually are smooth. The suspension cycles way more than standard shocks because it has 2 sets of shafts . If you pick a lighter weight wheel and tire setup, that kit will ride very nice i think.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
they are a little gimmicy but i think they perfected them. Because of the way they work they actually are smooth. The suspension cycles way more than standard shocks because it has 2 sets of shafts . If you pick a lighter weight wheel and tire setup, that kit will ride very nice i think.
Achieving maximum stuff and droop, while also eliminating the low hanging shock mounts for added clearance is a gimmick? On top of maintaining tire contact during heavier articulating situations, they also seem to help with carrying speed through wash boarded trails.

Sure it's an unconventional approach, but out of the box thinking and design has resulted in a successful product. Other than some earlier leaking seal issues that were resolved, it seems to get great feedback.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Achieving maximum stuff and droop, while also eliminating the low hanging shock mounts for added clearance is a gimmick? On top of maintaining tire contact during heavier articulating situations, they also seem to help with carrying speed through wash boarded trails.

Sure it's an unconventional approach, but out of the box thinking and design has resulted in a successful product. Other than some earlier leaking seal issues that were resolved, it seems to get great feedback.
Do you have them?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have them?
Not quite yet. Should ship out any day now. I'm already sitting on their 3.5" springs, shock relocating brackets, and sway links. I'm about to pull out the 2" Dynatrac lift, for more height. Should've just gone Gamechanger from the get go, but originally thought I'd never go bigger than 35's and didn't want more fender space than what the tires would use.

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Not quite yet. Should ship out any day now. I'm already sitting on their 3.5" springs, shock relocating brackets, and sway links. I'm about to pull out the 2" Dynatrac lift, for more height. Should've just gone Gamechanger from the get go, but originally thought I'd never go bigger than 35's and didn't want more fender space than what the tires would use.
I had that kit on a jk with the chinese rock sports. I try not to be a fan boy but their arms a beefy. 50k on the flexi joints and they took like 5 minutes to replace. I really like evo springs rate tho. Let OP know how you like the shocks.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had that kit on a jk with the chinese rock sports. I try not to be a fan boy but their arms a beefy. 50k on the flexi joints and they took like 5 minutes to replace. I really like evo springs rate tho. Let OP know how you like the shocks.
Yeah, I've heard the rock sports offer a good bang for the small buck. Hearing about how the 6-packs bring the vehicle to a whole new level and being tuned to their shocks and the vehicle they're being put on, for me curious enough to drop the coin.

Both shock options are tuned to their springs and offer the same overall firmer than factory ride, but the 6-packs are reportedly much better for running through rougher terrain while maintaining some speed.

Since the Dynatrac is an incomplete kit, I filled in the blanks by replacing all 8 control arms and rear track bar with Synergy adjustables. Front track bar and steering linkages were swapped with all SteerSmarts. That why I didn't go with the full Metalcloak kit on this redo.

I'll definitely be reporting back with my own review. Just waiting for my off season to kick in and let me get away to play. I also don't get brand fanatical, so long as it works as intended. Good, bad, or ugly, I'll report it in once I get to see it for myself. Knock on wood, it's all good. Lol

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Yeah, I've heard the rock sports offer a good bang for the small buck. Hearing about how the 6-packs bring the vehicle to a whole new level and being tuned to their shocks and the vehicle they're being put on, for me curious enough to drop the coin.

Both shock options are tuned to their springs and offer the same overall firmer than factory ride, but the 6-packs are reportedly much better for running through rougher terrain while maintaining some speed.

Since the Dynatrac is an incomplete kit, I filled in the blanks by replacing all 8 control arms and rear track bar with Synergy adjustables. Front track bar and steering linkages were swapped with all SteerSmarts. That why I didn't go with the full Metalcloak kit on this redo.

I'll definitely be reporting back with my own review. Just waiting for my off season to kick in and let me get away to play. I also don't get brand fanatical, so long as it works as intended. Good, bad, or ugly, I'll report it in once I get to see it for myself. Knock on wood, it's all good. Lol
Synergy came out with duel durometer bushings to mimic MC last year or so. Theirs has a teflon interior if im not mistaken. So basically your setup will be similar.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Ah famous last words haha. Said the same thing, now im on coilovers and long arms coming soon haha

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah famous last words haha. Said the same thing, now im on coilovers and long arms coming soon haha
I'm really gonna stick with this 2nd setup for a good while. I swear!

Although down the line when the motor starts showing signs of getting tired, I'll really have to assess the condition of the frame and body. If it's still good and worthy, than its time to go wild. Hemi, 60/80's with 5.13's/air lockers/chromoly, Atlas transfer case, etc etc.

The more I think about it, the more I wanna do half an oil change and go for long drive. Muahaha!
Sponsored