Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm running a Rock Krawler 4.5" long arm lift and 4 link conversion with BFG 39's on my Gladiator and I'm really happy with the clearance. I upgraded all the steering to Yeti and put the Steer Smarts sector and track bar brace on too. I think there is plenty of clearance with this setup. But I'll find out this weekend when I take it out for the first time. I'm not running hard trials, only overlanding and maybe up to moderate trails. Oh, and I also had to get a longer front driveshaft.

2021-06-05 13.41.59.jpg
Man, that is a nice rig. I was almost about to pull the plug on a long arm kit myself when I did my rig. But had last minute change of mind when the instructions said I could never return to stock. Well long story short, I tossed all my stock parts so that will never happen. Should have went this route.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Man, that is a nice rig. I was almost about to pull the plug on a long arm kit myself when I did my rig. But had last minute change of mind when the instructions said I could never return to stock. Well long story short, I tossed all my stock parts so that will never happen. Should have went this route.
Famous last words haha. Four link in the rear of the gladiator and the apex booster are my next upgrades. Four link requires welding so no going back there. But then again I already welded air bump cans in anyway.

Yellowstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I'm not trying to hijack the thread and make it about my truck. But to respond to a few comments and hopefully help the conversation. I think the Wranger long arm kit gets you both front and rear conversions. On the Gladiator because it has a different rear suspension than the Wrangler, you can't do a long arm in the rear. So it's actually a bolt on rear kit for the Gladiator. But the front long arm on the Gladiator IS weld on. And at least on the RK kit, its a high clearance mount and arms which actually have more clearance than stock. In fact the front mounts and arms are tucked up higher than the frame rails. You'll hit the frame before the mounts and arms. I was impressed.

But it was not cheap. That's for sure. One big down side to going 4.5" is that everything has to get upgraded. You also have to do the drag link flip kit, which then means your steering stabilizer setup also changes. Basically you start chasing the rabbit down the hole. I took it to as far as you can without going to coilovers and axel swaps.

But 39's on Jeeps at 4.5" looks pretty nice, in my opinion!!!
Sponsored