First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 King Ranch
http://evomfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=566

Anyone running this?
Looking to run this or another 4”+ lift with 39’s. I know that I could run up to 40’s with a 3.5” lift, but I would prefer a little more clearance between the tire and fender sides without trimming or removing anything.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
http://evomfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=566

Anyone running this?
Looking to run this or another 4”+ lift with 39’s. I know that I could run up to 40’s with a 3.5” lift, but I would prefer a little more clearance between the tire and fender sides without trimming or removing anything.
I got nothing against EVO but when lifting that much, I’d recommend looking at kits that include all eight adj. control arms. So you can maintain your wheelbase, pinion angles, and dial in more caster.

OP
OP
BoHunt

BoHunt

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 King Ranch
I agree that would be a better option, but I just don’t have the funds to do all that lol. Thanks for the reply

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that would be a better option, but I just don’t have the funds to do all that lol. Thanks for the reply
That kit doesn’t include shocks. So you’re looking at 2500.00 ish with shocks. Not sure what your budget is but, maybe do 3.5” kit with some half inch spacers, or run more bump stop to stay out of your fenders. This kit for example is 2500.00 and it at least includes rear upper control arms and shocks, and rear adj. sway bar links.
What part of Florida?

Jeep Wrangler JL EVO MFG JL 4.5" Enforcer Lift Stage 2 PLUS A899073F-6A9E-4AB4-A3EA-B40F6240BD6B

OP
OP
BoHunt

BoHunt

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 King Ranch
I already have some Falcon 2.1 shocks, and I was gonna get some shock extension brackets because they’re not long enough. I was looking at that RK 3.5 lift as well as the metalcloak 3.5 lift but I didn’t want to have to remove the bottom of the fenders with 39’s. I’m just trying to decide if I’ll have enough lift and space, and I know I can always add taller bump stops. I live in Ocala.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BoHunt

BoHunt

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 King Ranch
That RK without the shock option seems like a good deal though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I already have some Falcon 2.1 shocks, and I was gonna get some shock extension brackets because they’re not long enough. I was looking at that RK 3.5 lift as well as the metalcloak 3.5 lift but I didn’t want to have to remove the bottom of the fenders with 39’s. I’m just trying to decide if I’ll have enough lift and space, and I know I can always add taller bump stops. I live in Ocala.
Yeah, I get it, just keep in mind you’re gonna have to beef up your steering as well going with that size tires. Oem stuff won’t stand a chance, it’s barely adequate stock .

Me and the wife are hitting hard rock on Friday.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
C
Check out @MARSHMELLA and @WhiteJLUS believe both are running 3.5” lifts with 39s

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Honestly I think it depends with what 39's you go for. If you run BFG's (either KO2 39" or KM3 39") -- they may work fine and not rub with proper back spacing on 3"-3.5" of lift, without trimming.

I was able to run full size 40's on 4.5" of lift without rubbing on Moab trails, and I trimmed nothing. I also had pretty conservative backspacing AEV beadlocks. So assuming some smaller sized 39's, I think you will be OK.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I have a Maximus-3 3.5” lift in my garage and will be running km3 “39’s”. I confirmed with another forum member they work with no rub on my wheels (4.63” backspacing) on that lift without trimming.
I second the steering thing. Do you have beadlocks or plans to go beadlock? My steering can’t even handle the stock KO2’s at sub-10 PSI. I’m going to need to upgrade, but I’m still researching and planning to stick to 15 PSI for now.
Also, be prepared for driveshaft issues. From my research they start at 3.5” lifts unless you run geometry brackets.

Sponsored

Yellowstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I'm running a Rock Krawler 4.5" long arm lift and 4 link conversion with BFG 39's on my Gladiator and I'm really happy with the clearance. I upgraded all the steering to Yeti and put the Steer Smarts sector and track bar brace on too. I think there is plenty of clearance with this setup. But I'll find out this weekend when I take it out for the first time. I'm not running hard trials, only overlanding and maybe up to moderate trails. Oh, and I also had to get a longer front driveshaft.

Jeep Wrangler JL EVO MFG JL 4.5" Enforcer Lift Stage 2 PLUS 2021-06-05 13.41.59

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
C

Check out @MARSHMELLA and @WhiteJLUS believe both are running 3.5” lifts with 39s

So I have Synergy springs that are 4” in front and 3” in the rear. I think 3.5 would be perfect for a Rubicon on 39s.
I still have my factory inner fenders and nothing rubs so far. I have aluminum fenders and liners going on as soon as they are finished with the powder coating.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Maximus-3 3.5” lift in my garage and will be running km3 “39’s”. I confirmed with another forum member they work with no rub on my wheels (4.63” backspacing) on that lift without trimming.
I second the steering thing. Do you have beadlocks or plans to go beadlock? My steering can’t even handle the stock KO2’s at sub-10 PSI. I’m going to need to upgrade, but I’m still researching and planning to stick to 15 PSI for now.
Also, be prepared for driveshaft issues. From my research they start at 3.5” lifts unless you run geometry brackets.
Can confirm.

I went to new drive shafts when I put my lift on (I do have the geometry correction brackets and all 8 adj. arms). Steering has been atrocious trying to turn 40's at low psi. Basically impossible, even on the street from Moab condo to trail. I'll likely just add the Apex boost valve for now.

OP
OP
BoHunt

BoHunt

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 King Ranch
The tires I wanna get are the 39x12.50R17 Kanati Mud Hogs which weigh only about 1 pound more than my 37” toyos. And I don’t do very much heavy off roading, mainly just trails and such when out in the woods hunting, so I’m not too worried about replacing other stock components such as steering until they wear down more. I also have the falcon steering stabilizer which helps some. Since I’m mainly going to be driving on dirt roads with washouts and bumps rather than rock crawling, I have another question as to what company makes a spring that offers more of a softer ride than firm one so that the bumps aren’t jarring. I know that tire pressure and shocks play a part in this too, but I was planning on upgrading my shocks further down the road.
Thanks

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tires I wanna get are the 39x12.50R17 Kanati Mud Hogs which weigh only about 1 pound more than my 37” toyos. And I don’t do very much heavy off roading, mainly just trails and such when out in the woods hunting, so I’m not too worried about replacing other stock components such as steering until they wear down more. I also have the falcon steering stabilizer which helps some. Since I’m mainly going to be driving on dirt roads with washouts and bumps rather than rock crawling, I have another question as to what company makes a spring that offers more of a softer ride than firm one so that the bumps aren’t jarring. I know that tire pressure and shocks play a part in this too, but I was planning on upgrading my shocks further down the road.
Thanks
I really like the Evo Plush springs.
Sponsored