Evo Mfg Bolt On Coilovers

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
IMO coilovers are the best solution to all driving with a Jeep. Yes they cost more but they also compact everything and you are buying a a variable lift setup. You wanna be at 3 inches of lift you can, you want 4.13 inches of lift you can....if you have ever bought multiple lifts for your Jeep add that money up and a coilover is not much more and in many cases cheaper.
So any news?
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
If you have a truck camper or towable (travel trailer, boat trailer, horse trailer, toy hauler or fifth wheel), you’ll notice a sag in the rear of your vehicle when you load the camper or hook up the trailer.

For your vehicle to handle heavy towing or hauling, the added weight will start to engage your factory leaf springs to help support the load.

However, did you know that your vehicle’s leaf springs are only beginning to be put to work? It is using only a small percentage of their total capability. The vehicle must drop down several inches in order to come into contact with the overload leaf springs. Notice the rear or the vehicle sagging significantly in the vehicle below.

b2ap3_thumbnail_trucksag.png

Because the leaf springs aren’t fully activated, the additional weight causes the front of the vehicle to lift up and the rear of the vehicle to sag, producing these top five problems:

1) Proper front end steering alignment is thrown off balance, causing the vehicle to have delayed steering response. The ride will feel unsafe and out of control.

2) The braking distance is extended due to significantly less weight on the front tires. Braking distance is increased because the front of the vehicle is responsible for up to 70% of the vehicle’s stopping ability.

3) The position of the vehicle’s front end causes its headlights to point upward. This creates a nighttime road hazard by blinding oncoming traffic.

4) Due to the misalignment of the steering, tire wear is increased and there is potential for premature tire wear failure.

5) The misalignment causes an uneven tire footprint, which can decrease your fuel mileage. This is due to the uneven load and vehicle riding unleveled.
Jasper, I’m sure you’re probably a cool dude and you have some nice Jeeps but man you need to tighten some sh#t up cause you got some screws loose. You’re freakin ate up.:cwl:

OP
OP
tgoss

tgoss

First Name
Tal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Jeep JLUR
IMO coilovers are the best solution to all driving with a Jeep. Yes they cost more but they also compact everything and you are buying a a variable lift setup. You wanna be at 3 inches of lift you can, you want 4.13 inches of lift you can....if you have ever bought multiple lifts for your Jeep add that money up and a coilover is not much more and in many cases cheaper.
So any news?
I've been told 1-2 more weeks until they are released.

Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Thread Resurrection....... Any New Information on Coilover option with EVO Long Arm suspension........

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Looks like you can pre-order from Northridge4x4. I don't see finned reservoirs or compression adjusters on the production version. No air bumps included in the kits either. I wonder if any other specifications changed?

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Thanks Doubletap and vavaroutsos... I have been checking the Evo website from time to time, so the addition of coilovers must have been a recent add.

No Instructions or General Info/description of the lift yet.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Thanks Doubletap and vavaroutsos... I have been checking the Evo website from time to time, so the addition of coilovers must have been a recent add.

No Instructions or General Info/description of the lift yet.
Yeah, I saw them listed a week or two ago. Not sure why it's taking so long to get a description up. Some information on spring rates, shock size, etc. would be useful. I don't see any selection for spring rates on the Northridge4x4 site, so I wonder if they are only shipping with one spring rate.

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Yes, they do exist!

We just got our first one kit here end of last week and started installing it yesterday.

Should have it sitting on the ground today sometime, will be able to give more info later, including a full install write-up!

IMG_5503.jpeg

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, they do exist!

We just got our first one kit here end of last week and started installing it yesterday.

Should have it sitting on the ground today sometime, will be able to give more info later, including a full install write-up!

IMG_5503.jpeg
Can't wait.... That's why I'm still Stock on my JLU.

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
Yes, they do exist!

IMG_5503.jpeg

Suh-weet! Is that the high clearance long arm kit too?

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Suh-weet! Is that the high clearance long arm kit too?
Just the short arm for now.

We want to see what it's like before going deeper.

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Just the short arm for now.

We want to see what it's like before going deeper.
I’m highly interested in this kit (vs the 2.5-3.5” enforcer stage 4), saw you all have the best prices too. Did you all have to replace the driveshafts?

From what the evo/[Banned Site] video interview says to be 12” of wheel travel. And EVOs website cites 11.5-12” of travel limited by the mid-length control arms.

Just wondering if you all felt this was achievable in reality after the install.

I was also wondering which aftermarket track bar you all suggest too.

I’m going to run 37” tires and this is a dedicated Rock crawler car to be used 3-5 days a month.

Thank you!
Sponsored