Sponsored

Evo Mfg Body Mounted Tire Carriers - Available Now!

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
We received some exciting news today from Evo Manufacturing! Their body mounted tire carriers, which will securely hold up to a 37" tire, have been released for sale. The first orders will take about 10 days to ship, but soon after we should be able to ship these the very same day that you order!

Don't forget to use your JLWF Coupon Code when you place your order!

These are available in bare steel (think color match) and black powder coat.

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/EVO-MFG-JL-HD-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-BARE-p/evo-3032.htm

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/EVO-MFG-JL-HD-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-BLACK-p/evo-3032b.htm

unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed.jpg

"The JL factory tire carrier and tailgate was never intended to handle the loads associated with larger, heavier wheel and tire combinations. Many aftermarket tire carriers address this issue, but are complicated to install, require an aftermarket bumper, and add multiple processes to open your tailgate. The EVO MFG JL HD Hinged Tire Carrier is a body mounted tire carrier designed to allow you to carry up to a 37” tire while retaining your vehicle’s one handed easy access to the rear cargo area. Its design is tough enough to handle the stresses associated with larger tires and simple enough to keep all the functionality your factory tailgate already has in a simple easy to install and operate package.

The EVO MFG JL HD Hinged Tire Carrier is engineered for strength and durability. It’s made from 3/16” and 3/8" steel that’s been laser cut, CNC press brake formed, and fully fixture welded. In the factory configuration, the wheel and tire load is transferred through the tailgate to the door hinges. Knowing that this is the weak link, the Tire Carrier is designed to bypass the tailgate and transfer the heavier wheel and tire load directly to the hinges. The hinge brackets are made from the same 3/16 and 3/8" steel and are gusseted for strength with integrated bump stops that stop the weight of tailgate and tire when it’s fully opened.

The EVO MFG JL HD Hinged Tire Carrier’s mounting points are designed to work with your JL by transferring loads to the JL’s body in a location that is reinforced from the factory with multiple layers of strong, stamped, internal, steel gussets. The simple design keeps a low profile that fits the contours of the vehicle and carries the tire close to the body. Once installed, the tailgate will operate as before, maintaining the factory catch and the easy one handed opening, while the beefy hinge hardware swings smoothly with the added weight of a larger tire. The tire mounting position is engineered to be adjustable in movement up and down as well as in and out. This ensures your tire will fit properly, won’t rattle, and gives you departure angle and rear window visibility options.

The EVO MFG JL HD Hinged Tire Carrier includes an integrated antenna mount. Install is simple and can be done with a basic tool set by any installer. It’s all bolt-on with no drilling or cutting needed."

Thank you for your business and support!

Marcus
Sponsored

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I love Evo products be the price is a tad out there. Considering DV8's is below $300. Interested to see what the Jeep community thinks of it before and after purchase.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Looks cool but at that price I will just get a frame mount or bumper integrated mount. Those usually then have the versatility of adding other things on later if I want. I would really like one of these for about half that price until I find a rear bumper and tire carrier that I like.

OP
OP
River City Offroad

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
The DV8 and what Evo is offering here aren’t really all that comparable beyond being able to bolt a tire to them both.

The EVO setup is a complete hinge replacement, which means it is replacing the flimsy factory hinges and beefing up the entire tail gate assembly. The DV8 unit is simply a plate that bolts to the factory hinges and replaces the tire mount.

EVO is made in the USA while DV8 is an imported product line as well. I know this doesn’t matter to everyone, but it is worth mentioning.

I’m assuming you were referring to this:

42FD3B3E-197A-44C1-952C-B287DD707FE6.jpeg

Marcus

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Can you even buy the DV8 carrier? It seems to be vaporware to me. People on Facebook are still complaining how @Quadratec has them "in stock" but DV8 says they haven't even started making them.

The price is high but it's about the same as the Mopar reinforcement kit and frankly you're getting a lot more. I'd consider it except I'm looking for a bumper mounted solution that also lets me integrate rotopax containers.

Don't forget that River City mentioned a coupon code..

Sponsored

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
looks great I was a few days late. I just got the Mopar. This one looks much better

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
You got a copy of the install instructions?

OP
OP
River City Offroad

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
It says compatible with the back up cam
Any idea how it does that?

Sponsored

OP
OP
River City Offroad

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
How is EVO addressing the backup camera and 3rd brake light with this product? Also, can you post some close ups of the hinges. How much of the factory is being replaced? Thanks. I run EVO products on my '15 JKUR so am very interested in their stuff for my upcoming 19 JLUR build.

OP
OP
River City Offroad

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How is EVO addressing the backup camera and 3rd brake light with this product? Also, can you post some close ups of the hinges. How much of the factory is being replaced? Thanks. I run EVO products on my '15 JKUR so am very interested in their stuff for my upcoming 19 JLUR build.
I'm posting the rest of the photos that EVO has posted up. I don't have instructions yet, they are telling me later this week or early next for them to be complete.

I'm not sure this is the final version of the camera mount, so don't jump to any conclusions on it just yet.

Marcus

43951720_10156755870156252_3969276236567412736_o.jpg
44098735_10156764380041252_8968516679034208256_n.jpg
44176775_10156764606991252_1748264835813998592_o.jpg

tjrgsa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2000 Camaro SS
Occupation
IT
Just bought one. Got my JLUR a few weeks ago and have been riding with a 35" spare in the cargo area. Looking forward to getting this installed.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I love Evo products be the price is a tad out there. Considering DV8's is below $300. Interested to see what the Jeep community thinks of it before and after purchase.
I'd rather not have my 37" tire fall off from a carrier and kill someone because of cheap chinese steel poorly welded, or have it tweak my $1500 tailgate. There are certain things on a Jeep where you shouldn't save money...a spare tire carrier is one of them.
Sponsored

Last edited: