Sponsored

Everyone's Favorite Subject (Steering Stabilizers!) -- Teraflex Falcon Nexus 2.1 vs 2.2 Adjustable

offrampclimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I'm about to buy the Steer Smarts tie rod package that comes with the stabilizer and relocation hardware from Northridge 4x4, but the options appear to be the Falcon Nexus 2.1, or the 2.2 adjustable. What's the difference between the two, besides adjustability? Better recommendation for stock height vehicle? What do the numbers actually represent, 2.1 vs 2.2?

I don't plan on adding a lift kit, but may eventually get some adjustable LCAs to add some caster, and will be putting on 17" rims and 285/70R17 tires on my Sahara once my current tires are ready for replacement. Just with some tinkering around, I feel my steering problems exist within the tie rod and stabilizer on my Jeep, and would just rather upgrade them then deal with the service department.
Sponsored

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There are a lot of other options out there besides these, especially now that you are going with the relocation kit. Fox is pretty popular. The JK version Fox ATS is great as well.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
There are a lot of other options out there besides these, especially now that you are going with the relocation kit. Fox is pretty popular. The JK version Fox ATS is great as well.
+1 for jk fox ats. It turned my steering into a dream

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I’d be going with a Fox TS or ATS as the pass through design is excellent and not asymmetrical dampening like all the others.

The JK version fits and you don’t need the relocation kit as the fox comes with one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
offrampclimber

offrampclimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
The fox ATS looks nice, but the price pushes the track bar + stabilizer replacement over $900. Does the ATS come with all the right nuts and bolts, or does it just re-use the same bolt where the stock stabilizer attached?

EDIT: sorry, not quite $900, but the ATS isn't currently in stock :(

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
+1 for jk fox ats. It turned my steering into a dream
I’d be going with a Fox TS or ATS as the pass through design is excellent and not asymmetrical dampening like all the others.

The JK version fits and you don’t need the relocation kit as the fox comes with one.
Alright, interested. You guys school me. Part number? Got any pics of it installed? My stabilizer is fine, but I did wanna relocate it and this sounds like a good solution.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Dont mind the metalcloak relocation bracket im using. It comes with the track bar stud when you buy it.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Alright, interested. You guys school me. Part number? Got any pics of it installed? My stabilizer is fine, but I did wanna relocate it and this sounds like a good solution.
The concept is that a standard shock will have different rates for compression versus rebound; due to the piston is on the end of the shaft. Also as the piston approaches the end of the travel you get non linear effects. When used for a steering stabilizer this means it's asymmetrical as for one direction you are compressing and the other you are rebound; plus one direction you are dealing with the end of travel limits.

But a through shaft shock can be consistent in both directions as the piston is along the shaft so you have equal travel in both directions and equal distances to the end of travel.

This is preferable for a steering stabilizer where you want that consistency.

In the past the dual stabilizer setups were to get consistency in both directions; but a through stabilizer solves this in one package.

They are also sometimes called linear shocks as the behavior is very linear in both directions.

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
I will be installing a Falcon Nexus 2.1 from a JK on my JLU this week, you do not need to update any other steering components as the Falcon has a clamp that is the same size as the stock tie rod in the JLU. I will take some photos and post back once it is complete

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to buy the Steer Smarts tie rod package that comes with the stabilizer and relocation hardware from Northridge 4x4, but the options appear to be the Falcon Nexus 2.1, or the 2.2 adjustable. What's the difference between the two, besides adjustability? Better recommendation for stock height vehicle? What do the numbers actually represent, 2.1 vs 2.2?

I don't plan on adding a lift kit, but may eventually get some adjustable LCAs to add some caster, and will be putting on 17" rims and 285/70R17 tires on my Sahara once my current tires are ready for replacement. Just with some tinkering around, I feel my steering problems exist within the tie rod and stabilizer on my Jeep, and would just rather upgrade them then deal with the service department.
I have the 2.2 and love it. Was an awesome upgrade. I'm typically in the "medium" setting and will use "soft" offroad, and "firm" on long highway trips as it helps to combat the wind, and other road nuances. I don't recall the pricing on either the 2.1 or 2.2 but I wanted the adjustability and felt it was worth the price difference, still do.

As for your other comments, I'm lifted 2.5" on 35" tires and have all of the stock junk upfront short of the stabilizer. I will be upgrading to the Yeti hardware within a month or two, to your point -- "just so I don't have to deal with the dealer". However I'm not having any steering issues, or otherwise. Just want to eliminate any potential issues by eliminating the weak OEM hardware.

OP
OP
offrampclimber

offrampclimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I have the 2.2 and love it. Was an awesome upgrade. I'm typically in the "medium" setting and will use "soft" offroad, and "firm" on long highway trips as it helps to combat the wind, and other road nuances. I don't recall the pricing on either the 2.1 or 2.2 but I wanted the adjustability and felt it was worth the price difference, still do.

As for your other comments, I'm lifted 2.5" on 35" tires and have all of the stock junk upfront short of the stabilizer. I will be upgrading to the Yeti hardware within a month or two, to your point -- "just so I don't have to deal with the dealer". However I'm not having any steering issues, or otherwise. Just want to eliminate any potential issues by eliminating the weak OEM hardware.
Cool -- the price difference is only around a hundred bucks, less with the forum discount, but good to hear that the adjustability actually makes a difference.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We have used the fox 2.0 and king. Both have worked terrific but for the money, the fox 2.0 at around $150 all day long. When the fox was hard to come bu we ordered the king to try out. It’s great just around $260

My personal opinion is these wild steering stabilizers aren’t as needed with the steer smart system. The $150 fox works just fine.

Brett
Sponsored