Sponsored

Ever wonder how a spring really functions? RK Triple rates explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
If you've ever wondered how a triple rate spring works under your vehicle and what makes a Triple better than a dual or a progressive or a linear, check this out:
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
@Rock Krawler Suspension , can you post the extended/compressed lengths of your springs along with the spring rates? I saw partial spring rate data in another thread, but couldn't find anything on lengths (net even on your website). It would be nice to have all of the info in one place. Providing the overall spring length when the tender portion is collapsed as well as the force to get there would be great.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
@Rock Krawler Suspension , can you post the extended/compressed lengths of your springs along with the spring rates? I saw partial spring rate data in another thread, but couldn't find anything on lengths (net even on your website). It would be nice to have all of the info in one place. Providing the overall spring length when the tender portion is collapsed as well as the force to get there would be great.
I'll work on getting that added to the website.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
If you've ever wondered how a triple rate spring works under your vehicle and what makes a Triple better than a dual or a progressive or a linear, check this out:
At the 1:31 mark he states that the coil is a front then he states that the same coil is a rear after talking about it. Iā€™m confused.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
At the 1:31 mark he states that the coil is a front then he states that the same coil is a rear after talking about it. Iā€™m confused.
That's a rear coil, Jeremy still gets nervous in front of a camera, sorry about that.

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

Bringing this topic back to life... I am looking at getting your 2.5 triple rate springs for a JL. Is the 2.5 lift based off a rubicon or a sport? I.e. will my sport actually be lifted higher then 2.5 since it was originally measured for a rubicon?

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Bringing this topic back to life... I am looking at getting your 2.5 triple rate springs for a JL. Is the 2.5 lift based off a rubicon or a sport? I.e. will my sport actually be lifted higher then 2.5 since it was originally measured for a rubicon?
All of our 4 door JL lifts are based off of Rubicon height so, yes, your sport will gain 2.5" plus the height difference of a rubi vs a sport, which is roughly 3/4".

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
At what point do you stop designating the number of rates and just call it a progressive coil? Hex-rate? Oct-Rate?
Well, that's not how it works. A dual/triple/quad will have a defined rate change position and between those change positions, they are a single rate whereas a progressive simply gets more rate as it is compressed. Being able to define the transition points allows you to define how the vehicle performs between known points in the spring.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.