Sponsored

Ever race anyone in your jeep? Whats the reaction you get when you win?

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
A stock wrx 0-60 is 6.0s, a stock wrangler is 6.1. The wrx is slow af for a sports car. That .1 seconds can easily be made up by a better launch. Believe what you want, but numbers don't lie. The 4xe does 0-60 in 5.5s and the 392 gets there in 4.5s. If the wrx is your fast car, I'd hate to see the slow one.
Lol ok buddy, you were racing yourself enjoy that, who knows maybe you will beat a Bugatti doing what you are doing. Also when was the last time anyone kept a wrx stock, trust me I have had way faster cars I can just accept that the Jeep I have is ridiculously slow.
Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Rx8s are slow due to low power, however still can be a bit faster then 2.0 Wrangler if driven perfectly. Key is to get good take off...lunch at 6,000 rpms and have grip.

Never raced In a jeep, but done a few in tuned EcoBoost 3.5 explorer. Beat VW golf GTi 2.0 turbo and Ram with 5.7 liter (I was towing empty aluminum 9x10 trailer when I did Ram lol).

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Lol ok buddy, you were racing yourself enjoy that, who knows maybe you will beat a Bugatti doing what you are doing. Also when was the last time anyone kept a wrx stock, trust me I have had way faster cars I can just accept that the Jeep I have is ridiculously slow.
I wasn’t the one racing the wrx, but I was rebutting your claim that it couldn’t have happened. A stock wrx is every bit as slow as a stock wrangler (which in the history of cars really isn’t all that slow). A 1990 fox body with the 5.0 took as long as the 4cyl Jeep to reach 60. If you need to mod your 3k lb ”sports” car in order to reliably beat a 5k lb Jeep with a 4cyl and factory 33’s, I wouldn’t call that winning.

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
I wasn’t the one racing the wrx, but I was rebutting your claim that it couldn’t have happened. A stock wrx is every bit as slow as a stock wrangler (which in the history of cars really isn’t all that slow). A 1990 fox body with the 5.0 took as long as the 4cyl Jeep to reach 60. If you need to mod your 3k lb ”sports” car in order to reliably beat a 5k lb Jeep with a 4cyl and factory 33’s, I wouldn’t call that winning.
This is exactly what my point is. However, when it comes to winning in a straight line I find that brings out the ego in many people. Most guys expect to blow a jeep away but these days jeeps are much quicker than they once were, so it has a surprise factor. Most people cant believe the pull my jeep has for being on 35s and only having a 4cyl. Its not that theyre blown away by how "fast" it is. Because its not. But once again, the ego in many people on this thread wont see that. Theyre too busy thinking "my <generic car> is faster than you and your jeep" Its not even entertaining, but sad.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Every merge in Florida is a race and people seem shocked I am able to get in front. I usually let beemers go ahead though.
Oh gosh! Florida drivers, The worst! Anybody gets a driver’s license here in Florida. I swear these days, they r driving 60 + on federal, 90 seems to be the norm on 95 these days. It’s crazy!

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
In my youth, I left my drivers seat in my pickup at a red light to punch the douche in the face driving his Mustang 5.0 as slow as possible on purpose.

After he rolled down his window I still recall what I said prior to dotting his face: “You have a fast car, drive it like one”! Ahhh memories….

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
In my youth, I left my drivers seat in my pickup at a red light to punch the douche in the face driving his Mustang 5.0 as slow as possible on purpose.

After he rolled down his window I still recall what I said prior to dotting his face: “You have a fast car, drive it like one”! Ahhh memories….
Well that made my morning. Haha thank you.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my Mustang, it was always the ricers that pullup and rev it like they were getting ready to trim the grass edges.

I should have know all those race stickers were each adding like 20hp. But it was the Lamborghini emblem on the tailgate that really gave it away. :)

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I miss my '93 Fox.

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
And speaking of minivans, Ive had more minivans than anything else try to race me. even had one in a caravan trying to keep up to my crown vic around some bends once. Its funny, but at least they arent too stuck up to try and have some fun.
I once had a 1990 Caravan with the turbo 2.5l and a 5 speed stick. So watch out if a late 1st gen model rolls up on you. There's a community that likes to increase the boost and they can be very quick.

https://youtu.be/haPCQKOyMTo

Reactions: F2F

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I've owned some fast cars in my life, but when I purchased the wrangler, I knew I would be downgrading in speed and handling, but upgrading in other aspects. So me personally, I don't race in the Jeep. I take the top and doors off and cruise around in nice weather with the family.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
So Ive always been curious, why dont you fast car people ever floor it or even accelerate remotely fast? I went with my uncle to get his jaguar f type. He never took it over 3k rpm on the test run. And then he sent it away to get another 100hp. It comes back sounding meaner than ever, and then he still refuses to take it over 3k rpm. You cant tell me he babies it because it never gets it washed and his homeless cats climb all over it in the garage. 130k car just scratched to shit with cat hair and piss everywhere.

And vette owners are the worst. I always speed around them because theyre literally the slowest drivers on the road. Yet their cars are so fast. I just dont get why.
I drove hard pretty frequently but generally saved it for the track. Definitely wasn't street racing, and on the rare occasion I needed to prove a point it wasn't a Wrangler next to (or behind) me :)

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
A stock wrx 0-60 is 6.0s, a stock wrangler is 6.1. The wrx is slow af for a sports car. That .1 seconds can easily be made up by a better launch. Believe what you want, but numbers don't lie. The 4xe does 0-60 in 5.5s and the 392 gets there in 4.5s. If the wrx is your fast car, I'd hate to see the slow one.
Not sure what model wrangler the OP has (and how many doors) but most of what I've read is the 2.0 4 door is more like 7 seconds 0-60.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Not sure what model wrangler the OP has (and how many doors) but most of what I've read is the 2.0 4 door is more like 7 seconds 0-60.
"The Jeep also offers another engine. It is an Inline 4 . This powertrain is available with the Unlimited Willys 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl 8A) and helps the car to reach from 0-60 MPH in 6.4 seconds. The Jeep Wrangler covers the quarter-mile run in just 15.35 seconds." The Willy's does 6.4, the sport on smaller/ lighter tires should be a few 10ths quicker...
Sponsored