Sponsored

Ever race anyone in your jeep? Whats the reaction you get when you win?

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Jeep isnt fast, but for a jeep the 2.0 is quick!

Pulled up next to a kid in a highly modified rx8 ricer. He had the spoiler, loud exhaust, negative camber chrome wheels. We raced off the lights. I kept it floored until he gave up trying to catch me. Im just in a jeep with Baja pro 35s, 2 liter, no regear. He looked so upset he got beaten by a lifted jeep. Wouldnt roll his window down to talk after.

I came up behind a mustang gt that I saw kept floormatting it off lights in traffic. I caught up to him and kept up behind him for a bit. He had the loud crackling exhaust. Got up beside him 4 times at red lights and he stopped stepping on it. Too embarassed to try when he noticed he couldnt get me out of his rear view mirror before?

Im not out to be the fastest guy on the road, but I just like seeing peoples disappointed faces when they realize they couldnt shake a freakin box on wheels off their tail. I know the feeling. I was beat by a new minivan when I had my crown vic a few years back. Hurt the ego. a minivan, man.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Ill let you know when i win….

that mustang must have been an ecoboost, or an older one. No way a wrangler is keeping up with a 5.0 unless its a 4xe or 392
It was faster but not a whole lot faster, he didnt keep on it for too long which sucked. Not sure what it wouldve been. I thought GT was a v8.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL

Pulled up next to a kid in a highly modified rx8 ricer. He had the spoiler, loud exhaust, negative camber chrome wheels. We raced off the lights. I kept it floored until he gave up trying to catch me. Im just in a jeep with Baja pro 35s, 2 liter, no regear. He looked so upset he got beaten by a lifted jeep. Wouldnt roll his window down to talk after.

I came up behind a mustang gt that I saw kept floormatting it off lights in traffic. I caught up to him and kept up behind him for a bit. He had the loud crackling exhaust. Got up beside him 4 times at red lights and he stopped stepping on it. Too embarassed to try when he noticed he couldnt get me out of his rear view mirror before?

Im not out to be the fastest guy on the road, but I just like seeing peoples disappointed faces when they realize they couldnt shake a freakin box on wheels off their tail. I know the feeling. I was beat by a new minivan when I had my crown vic a few years back. Hurt the ego. a minivan, man.
I'm guessing the strange looks were wondering what the big jeep was doing racing itself. Loud cars (especially modified 5.0's) make a huge racket when they aren't even trying. As a former owner of many (very) fast cars, I seriously doubt they are wasting their fuel playing with some wrangler.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I embarrassed a number of show off hot rodders with my CJ5 (L79,Muncie,538 lockers warn OD,3in lift,33’s,PS,etc.) Power to weigh and gearing works!

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I'm no professional racer but beating an rx8 isn't too difficult for most cars on the road...

I have been on an onramp with a tesla that wanted to be in front of me, didn't take him but a second to get in front of me.

I have surprised a few Tacoma's/other trucks getting on the same onramp going to work

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

It was faster but not a whole lot faster, he didnt keep on it for too long which sucked. Not sure what it wouldve been. I thought GT was a v8.
They are but the older ones dont hold a candle to the Coyote powered ones (stock).
as mentioned he may have not given it much. I have a gt500 and i only get hit up by cars not worth wasting gas on lol. I even had a wrangler try to race me a few months ago. He even out his hazards on like he beat me. I was just doing the speed limit lol. I would have destroyed his soul if i wanted to.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I'm guessing the strange looks were wondering what the big jeep was doing racing itself. Loud cars (especially modified 5.0's) make a huge racket when they aren't even trying. As a former owner of many (very) fast cars, I seriously doubt they are wasting their fuel playing with some wrangler.
The rx8 was 6.3s 0-60 and 16.5s 1/4 mile, any jl is in fact faster than that garbage. Many "sports" cars are slow as hell from the factory. The mustang definitely wasn't trying as it should be 1.5 seconds quicker to 60 than the jl (excluding 4xe and 392). That being said, 6 seconds 0-60 is pretty quicker for what a wrangler is. Not fast by any means, but quicker than most 80's, 90's, and early 2000's "sports" cars. A 96 mustang gt was 6.6s to 60, slower than molasses in winter.

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Luckily I am a very conservative driver when it comes to speed. Were I not, I might enjoy surprising showoffs with what a diesel box can do from a stand still. But maturity keeps me from this small bit of pleasure...

Sponsored

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys

Every merge in Florida is a race and people seem shocked I am able to get in front. I usually let beemers go ahead though.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
The rx8 was 6.3s 0-60 and 16.5s 1/4 mile, any jl is in fact faster than that garbage. Many "sports" cars are slow as hell from the factory. The mustang definitely wasn't trying as it should be 1.5 seconds quicker to 60 than the jl (excluding 4xe and 392). That being said, 6 seconds 0-60 is pretty quicker for what a wrangler is. Not fast by any means, but quicker than most 80's, 90's, and early 2000's "sports" cars. A 96 mustang gt was 6.6s to 60, slower than molasses in winter.
Let's be even more honest, most rx8s aren't even running or in good running shape, had a friend a while back with a rx8 and she needed new apex deals at like 28k and she didn't drive it for a few months while is was getting repaired.
She liked my g35 sedan and was upset that my car was faster than hers.

Any running car is faster than a broken one

After driving a 97 f250 for some time the Jeep to me feels like a sports sedan, but I don't consider it fast

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
So Ive always been curious, why dont you fast car people ever floor it or even accelerate remotely fast? I went with my uncle to get his jaguar f type. He never took it over 3k rpm on the test run. And then he sent it away to get another 100hp. It comes back sounding meaner than ever, and then he still refuses to take it over 3k rpm. You cant tell me he babies it because it never gets it washed and his homeless cats climb all over it in the garage. 130k car just scratched to shit with cat hair and piss everywhere.

And vette owners are the worst. I always speed around them because theyre literally the slowest drivers on the road. Yet their cars are so fast. I just dont get why.