Sponsored

Ever race anyone in your jeep? Whats the reaction you get when you win?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
This sounds so obnoxious lol. These people probably aren't giving you one second of attention and probably don't even know they're being "raced".
Wether they are or they aren’t is debatable, the fact that the RX-8 is slower than the Jeep isn’t. Per motortrend, the RX-8 0-60 is 6.6 seconds when new and the Jeep is 6.1 to 6.5 seconds depending on model. That is solely for the standard gas variants. The 4xe is closer to 5.5s and the 392 is quicker than most sports cars at 4.2s. The poor guy with his spoiler and stupid stanced camber shitbox that now probably corners as bad as a Jeep too would at least have to claim he wasn’t trying to save some dignity. Numbers don’t lie, for the same reason guys claiming that they are hanging with S8’s are full of shit as that is a 4s 0-60 car. If you were hanging with that guy he wasn’t trying even a little.
Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
copy pasta from another thread where I had posted this story. I haven't been racing in my JL, but in my TJs... I got some good wins.

My best take down ever was a Viper. I was rolling toward work, top and doors off, sway bars long since thrown in the garbage, probably a cigar in hand (those days I worked a late shift at Ford) in my 2003 TJ. On an empty stretch of road I come up on a Viper. Guy also has his top down and he looks over at me as I come to a stop at the light. He gives a little wave and nod, that's when I knew it was on. I reach down and pull that t-case into 4 high to help on the launch and I rev the mighty 4.0 to let him know he is about to meet his match. The entire Jeep twists itself up as it tries to hold back all 190 furious horses. The light turns green, I side step the clutch from about 2,500 rpm and the BFG mud terrains let out a groan as they claw at the pavement for traction, the jeep trying to lift the front left tire off the ground. Midway through the intersection I slam it into second gear, the Jeep lurches at the torque change and I make it through to the other side first. A moment or two later that Viper finally catches up, the driver looks at me, laughing, knowing he just got smoked. He then floors it as he disappears into the distance in a classic ricer fly by. Yes, Jeeps are truly made for drag racing.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
The kinds of races being described here, my JL has never lost one. Racing to the merge I've always won, granted nobody knew I was racing except me. Therefore victory!

Now my Chevelle, on the other hand, I've yet to lose in either, beat a friend's Challenger hellcat from a dig by a fender, and from a roll by half a car.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The 392 IS fast, the looks you get from the sounds it makes is pretty funny.

I have yet to race anyone.
I think that's what many of us are curious about: the reaction of the other driver when a 392 hits the factory limiter at 99 mph when the "race" may still be in progress.
Sponsored