Evaporative Emissions Leak MIL..?

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
So, another CEL/MIL today. Fuel cap is always tight, I am OCD about that. So, is this an issue anyone else has? It's the weekend, so it will be Monday before I can call the service dept. If this is a known issue, what do I need to "suggest" service look into? Sorry, I tried to search, but kept getting errors.

-Jeff
Sponsored

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
So, another CEL/MIL today. Fuel cap is always tight, I am OCD about that. So, is this an issue anyone else has? It's the weekend, so it will be Monday before I can call the service dept. If this is a known issue, what do I need to "suggest" service look into? Sorry, I tried to search, but kept getting errors.

-Jeff
I had to deal with the P0456 Small Evap Leak code a couple weeks ago. I'll post an image showing their write-up of the fix. Hopefully it will help you. No problems for me since taking it in.
Photo Apr 29, 10 03 27 AM.jpg

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Interesting. This all started right after I installed a trailer light harness kit. I wonder if during the install that I may have knocked the connector loose. This is a huge help! Thank you very much!

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger

-Jeff
Just out of curiosity how long does the vehicle take to heat up?

BettyBoop

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR 2dr.
Occupation
Business Owner
I've had this error since new. It's a simple reset, but comes back about every tank, or less. Just lazy and not taking it in to dealership; cause they'll take forever to fix. Too much wasted time. Great information, thank you for posting. I'll check pin myself; looks like quick fix. Thank you again.

Sponsored

ayoung

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL 3.6L 6MT
Occupation
US Navy
Interesting. This all started right after I installed a trailer light harness kit. I wonder if during the install that I may have knocked the connector loose. This is a huge help! Thank you very much!
@Crusifix how did this all turn out for you? I just had the same code come up this weekend. MY JL 3.6L Manual is at the dealer right now getting looked at. I also recently installed the MOPAR trailer wiring harness and curious if I hit something loose also.

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I've had this error since new. It's a simple reset, but comes back about every tank, or less. Just lazy and not taking it in to dealership; cause they'll take forever to fix. Too much wasted time. Great information, thank you for posting. I'll check pin myself; looks like quick fix. Thank you again.
I have this problem now. How did you reset it?

BettyBoop

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR 2dr.
Occupation
Business Owner
Mine actually went away after about 10k miles. When I needed to reset it, I used a Torque Pro plug in device.

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
this just happened to my jeep 5 days after the dearlership installed my tow wiring harness.

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
the dealer said there was an update to the check engine code and fixed for free.
Sponsored