Sponsored

EV vs ICE

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
You speak as if you're running a coal burning JEEP but you're half on board the EV train with the 4Xe you're driving.😂
Do you have lots of Exxon stock? Let the market decide...
Oil companies and the owners of them have gotten more tax breaks than any other industry known to man.
The market isn't deciding when the government is banning gas vehicles, then penalizing gas while subsidizing electric, and worse the subsidy money isn't providing any real value to the tax payer.

Banning gas vehicles should really be read as banning people from owning private cars.
Sponsored

Jeep to EVC

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 1994 Wrangler
I've driven a BMWi3, a Model3 long range and a polestar. No, I still don't like them. Too many reasons to list.
Anything to add about the Polestar - I haven't driven that one, or most of the others, but would love to know what you thought of that one.

And, if you're still typing, maybe just a synopsis of why you don't like them, would LOVE to know.

Sponsored

alphawolff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Just looking at that dumbasses face on the clickbait still means the video is not worth watching
I didn't care to watch the video, but the EV market is indeed stalling out big time. Used EV prices are a hard judge as almost all new EV purchases are seeing 7500-20000 in incentives depending on the vehicle. EVs in general tank in price, and the incentives just tank the price further.

The 4XE will be practically worthless once the 10 year battery warranty expires

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I didn't care to watch the video, but the EV market is indeed stalling out big time. Used EV prices are a hard judge as almost all new EV purchases are seeing 7500-20000 in incentives depending on the vehicle. EVs in general tank in price, and the incentives just tank the price further.

EVs are only gaining market share. The automotive market is what has tanked due to inflation and high interest rates. You can't have tunnel vision and look at EV sales alone while ignoring the rest of the market. Incentives? How about the $20,000 off Jeeps? lol.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE

I think the 4xe would be a great buy years down the road once the current owners (myself included) take the initial hit. The ice on the 4xes may only have half the mileage on its engine than what the dash says. A 100,000 mile 4xe might actually only have 30,000 - 60,000 miles of wear on it's 2.0 t. I'd take that any day over a 100,000 mile regular 2.0 t as long as the price difference is small.

Casper_

First Name
Casper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 2024

Sponsored