Sponsored

EV / PHEV JL Wrangler Rubicon will go 0-60 in 6 seconds says Jeep President

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
Not that impressed with the specs.... According to the Jeep website basically the same powertrain bits as the minivan.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Not that impressed with the specs.... According to the Jeep website basically the same powertrain bits as the minivan.
China seems to be dictating the electric car market. I think the 31 mile electric range is so FCA can get in the door of the Chinese market.

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
China seems to be dictating the electric car market. I think the 31 mile electric range is so FCA can get in the door of the Chinese market.
It makes sense for them to re-use the same batteries/inverters/dc-dc as the minivan and just re-tool the housing as need be since this has all been developed. Was hoping for something a bit more ground breaking like an electric axle in serial hybrid configuration. Perhaps the next iteration of this powertrain, depending on take rate. I can't see them spending a ton of money on electrifying the wrangler as it is a product of 1 and most bits cannot be shared with other platforms.

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This is so exciting, I cant wait to have a charging station installed every 8 miles on every trail we all know and love, maybe while they are doing the construction on the trails they can build a few McDonalds, and to be fair to the Tesla'ites, crews can smooth out all the trails so they too can enjoy the freedom of the off-road life. progress...........

WaX

*perhaps it wasn't obvious this was sarcasm*

Last edited:

Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This is so exciting, I cant wait to have a charging station installed every 8 miles on every trail we all know and love, maybe while they are doing the construction on the trails they can build a few McDonalds, and to be fair to the Tesla'ites, crews can smooth out all the trails so they too can enjoy the freedom of the off-road life. progress...........

WaX
Why wouldn't you just put gas in it before heading out?

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj
I like the idea of electric, but what about weight, balance, and water fording?
Water fording shouldn't be effected. All these electronics are IP rated for immersion and they will meet the same requirements as existing axles, gear boxes, transmission etc. The 16kWh battery back will add about as much weight as the Ecodiesel maybe a tad more so not a huge deal. Maybe a small reduction in payload. Not real big technical issues.

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
EV Overlanding sounds great, no more cumbersome rotopax filled with 'evil' gasoline. Instead a silent trek to parts unknown to setup a basecamp, then the pleasure of unpacking about half a football fields worth of solar panels, setting them up and enjoying glimpses of nature between the panels as you hope for no rain. After 2 or 3 days you travel another 60miles of trails and do it again.

Sounds like a great time.........

WaX

2lh6ml.jpg

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
EV Overlanding sounds great, no more cumbersome rotopax filled with 'evil' gasoline. Instead a silent trek to parts unknown to setup a basecamp, then the pleasure of unpacking about half a football fields worth of solar panels, setting them up and enjoying glimpses of nature between the panels as you hope for no rain. After 2 or 3 days you travel another 60miles of trails and do it again.

Sounds like a great time.........

WaX

2lh6ml.jpg
Yeah for a full EV this is true, but I think the PHEV will come out long before any Full EV wrangler ever will... so still using Evil Gasoline. :devil:
Sponsored