Sponsored

European version Rubicon – 34’’ inch set up.

AlexeyT

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Hi All,
Have been trying to finalize my strategy around 34’’ tyres. Looking for some advice before I pull the CVC code on my credit card.
So what I have is European version stock 2L turbo JLUR which means:
  • 17*7.5 wheels
  • 255/75/17 BFG (32’’) = ~252 mm / 9,9 inch clearance
  • EU Sahara type fenders (vs US version Rubicon high clearance fenders)
  • EU type plastic bumpers (presumably lighter than US bumpers)
What I would like to achieve is trail / street balance with 34’’ narrow tyres, lowest possible lift to fit 34’’ (but no rubbing.) and lowest weight (so keeping EU plastic bumbers).

Scenario 1: 285/75/17 BFG KO3 which are 33.9’’ on paper but in fact 33’’ on wheels.

Scenario 2: 285/75/18 Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar which are 35.1’’ on paper but must be 34’’.

Would be glad to hear opinions whether I need a lift for Scenario 1 considering EU fenders?
And what would be the lift needed for Scenario 2:

Cheers!
Alexey.

Jeep Wrangler JL European version Rubicon – 34’’ inch set up. IMG_1889
Sponsored

OP
OP
AlexeyT

AlexeyT

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Yes, US fenders only may work with 33.9'' BFG (Scenario 1).
But this is my guess only.

I am not sure i can trust quadratec on this advise and there is no eqvivalent site in Europe / Russia. And I cant trust the local delership as well. still early days for JL i guess. For JKs there is plenty of knowledge at local Jeep garages.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
OP
OP
AlexeyT

AlexeyT

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Thank you John. This helps a lot.
BFG 285/75/17 i am looking at are about 1 inch bigger than what you have but after reading your post i am now more confident to give it a try and then consdier 1 inch spacers perhaps.

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Thank you John. This helps a lot.
BFG 285/75/17 i am looking at are about 1 inch bigger than what you have but after reading your post i am now more confident to give it a try and then consdier 1 inch spacers perhaps.
Yeah, I think you MAY need to remove the pieces that infill between the bumpers and the fender flares but that’s not a loss to my eyes and they are easily removed.

OP
OP
AlexeyT

AlexeyT

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Update
Got BFG mud terrain 285/75/17 (33.8’’) installed which actually measure 32.8’’ on 32 psi. Looking ugly so far:
Jeep Wrangler JL European version Rubicon – 34’’ inch set up. IMG_2179

No rubbing off road which I suppose is expected from Rubicon and true 33’’ tyres. May touch on fenders in case of long-range trip with all the gear. Next step is to correct the look and to decide whether it is 1.5’’ Teraflex ST1 kit or Daystar 0.75’’ will do.
Jeep Wrangler JL European version Rubicon – 34’’ inch set up. IMG_2145

Jeep Wrangler JL European version Rubicon – 34’’ inch set up. IMG_2158

Got tyre pressure message on after putting new tyres at 2.2 bar. Any ideas what could cause this? The pressure should be even across all 5 wheels but I am yet to check the spare.

Jeep Wrangler JL European version Rubicon – 34’’ inch set up. IMG_2157

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
Update
Got BFG mud terrain 285/75/17 (33.8’’) installed which actually measure 32.8’’ on 32 psi. Looking ugly so far:

No rubbing off road which I suppose is expected from Rubicon and true 33’’ tyres. May touch on fenders in case of long-range trip with all the gear. Next step is to correct the look and to decide whether it is 1.5’’ Teraflex ST1 kit or Daystar 0.75’’ will do.

Got tyre pressure message on after putting new tyres at 2.2 bar. Any ideas what could cause this? The pressure should be even across all 5 wheels but I am yet to check the spare.

From memory the TP monitoring needs 37 PSI 2.5 bar to satisfy it.

OP
OP
AlexeyT

AlexeyT

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Thanks Nick.
thats sucks. Suprised that all these JL owners here drive on low pressure with a warning sign on all the time. On my JK warning was not coming up as long as the pressure was even across all 5 wheels.

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Thanks Nick.
thats sucks. Suprised that all these JL owners here drive on low pressure with a warning sign on all the time. On my JK warning was not coming up as long as the pressure was even across all 5 wheels.
I have yet to install mine, but look into a Tazer Mini Lite, these programmers hook up to the ECU were you can lower the TPMS limit, or even disable it... They also provide other features, very popular product among the forum members.

There are also the Flashcal etc, I am not sure if you can get any of these in Europe, or it may be more expensive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlexeyT

AlexeyT

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Did some research. As per quadratec Tazer Mini Lite does not work for 2L EU version (unsure whether it is due to 2L or EU version) . Same for Flashcal - does not work with 2L.
Ordered RC 90019 at least to get my speedo right. But for TPSM EU version owners are stuck so far.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
I currently run at 2,35 bar cold, and no error message so far

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
Thanks Nick.
Get a Tazer JL mini. (Not the lite) This allows you to reset for oversized tyre, alter the TP monitoring perimeters or even switch it off. It does a whole host of other options. The stop start staying at your last command Is great too.
It does work fine on a 2.0 l turbo
I think Alex at Buzz keeps them in stock.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Btw, I'd be surprised if the TPMS would freak out from less than 2.5 bar, as the recommended pressure from factory (as per the label in my door) is 2.55 bar - 0.05 bar for a margin would be kind of ridiculous...
Sponsored