Sponsored

European JL Wrangler details and photos released ahead of September launch

GBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 147
All powertrains come with eight-speed automatic transmission as standard. ESS standard on all powertrains.
Does it mean that we are not getting the manual tranny in EU?
Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Price? No problem. Still it’s cheaper to buy it in US, bring in and pay all the taxes. And have 3.6, high fenders, bigger wheels and real bumper. Price is around 62K euro at our dealers.
Same price, same problem. Too expensive for what you get.
FCA Jeep, make sure your icon is on the road / off-road everywhere and not just in the showroom.
Seriously, it is time to take a different strategy in Europe.
“Sell a lot!!!”

GBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 147
No mention of select-trac on Jay´s post

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Europe has much more vehicle regulations and taxes than the US, because they have less freedoms thus the higher prices and weird cosmetics

Sponsored

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
We have some very tight vehicle regulations here in Australia as well. I’m praying that they don’t water down the JL Rubicon as far as this for our market. As I’ve just sold a very well built and fully equipped JKUR in anticipation for the JL release.

Jeep in Australia have a very bad track record of customer service and releyability. But are making half an effort to change this with a 5 year “there and back” warranty. This with the release of a wrangler that’s much easier to live with for all the non hardcore people should help to sell lots of wranglers down here after the huge success of the JK. Praying they don’t loose sight of that.

Either way I’ll build the JL to the specs that suit my needs and deal with the red tape and police after. Life’s too short to remain stock. :please:

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Also Italians make legal EU bumpers. IT’s just another thing You have to pay for. And paying 63K euro, and then buy new tires, fenders and bumpers is wasting money. We will se the final prices, I hope these ones are for the start.

tornis

First Name
Nikos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
29er bike
Price? No problem. Still it’s cheaper to buy it in US, bring in and pay all the taxes. And have 3.6, high fenders, bigger wheels and real bumper. Price is around 62K euro at our dealers.
Exactly, same in Germany, even if it ends up 10% above the "regular" EU price still better to import a REAL jeep....

tornis

First Name
Nikos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
29er bike
Europe has much more vehicle regulations and taxes than the US, because they have less freedoms thus the higher prices and weird cosmetics
Sure, but there are dealers here that get you what you guys get with all the EU registration docs...

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
Also Italians make legal EU bumpers. IT’s just another thing You have to pay for. And paying 63K euro, and then buy new tires, fenders and bumpers is wasting money. We will se the final prices, I hope these ones are for the start.
You are talking about prices for imported Canadians JLs. Not about EU models. Of course the imported ones are more expensive. They have no competition.

Sponsored

Onno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for the New JL to come to New Zealand
Will the European Model be the same for Australia and New Zealand?
Not really liking these changes compared to the U.S. Model!

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach
For info, technical sheet for 2.2 multijet and press release (sorry in french)

Attachments

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So are all Euro models AWD then?

And why do the Euros get an AWD Rock-Trac and we don't?

What is the design of the Euro Rock-Track?

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
So are all Euro models AWD then?

And why do the Euros get an AWD Rock-Trac and we don't?

What is the design of the Euro Rock-Track?
We don’t get the actual Rock-Trac transfer case. We only get the SelecTrac in all models including the Rubicon.
The European Rock-Trac is rather a package of the SelecTrac with the 4H Auto mode + lockers and electronic sway-bar disconnect but with all the gearing of the US Rubicon (4:01 and 4:10 in the axles).
I believe the Rock-Trac is chain driven, which is stronger and better for hardcore pure rock crawling and the SelecTrac is clutch driven which better for all round on an off roading.
We don’t get the the 3.6L V6 Pentastar, manual transmission, 3.0L V6 Ecodiesel (just the Fiat 2.2L 4cyl diesel), mild-hybrid (just the 2.0L 4cyl Turbo without hybrid system), wide axles, high fenders, steel bumpers or 33” BFG KO2 AT tires (just 31” BFG KM2 MT).
And we still don’t know the price, which we are all fearing a lot...

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
We don’t get the actual Rock-Trac transfer case. We only get the SelecTrac in all models including the Rubicon.
The European Rock-Trac is rather a package of the SelecTrac with the 4H Auto mode + lockers and electronic sway-bar disconnect but with all the gearing of the US Rubicon (4:01 and 4:10 in the axles).
I believe the Rock-Trac is chain driven, which is stronger and better for hardcore pure rock crawling and the SelecTrac is clutch driven which better for all round on an off roading.
We don’t get the the 3.6L V6 Pentastar, manual transmission, 3.0L V6 Ecodiesel (just the Fiat 2.2L 4cyl diesel), mild-hybrid (just the 2.0L 4cyl Turbo without hybrid system), wide axles, high fenders, steel bumpers or 33” BFG KO2 AT tires (just 31” BFG KM2 MT).
And we still don’t know the price, which we are all fearing a lot...
Confusing that they would call it Rock-Track instead of Selec-Trac 4:1 or something.

I wonder if any NA owners will try to swap in a Euro "Rock-Trac" or if that will even be possible.

Strange that Euros aren't getting the mild hybrid. I would have thought with their emphasis on small engines and fuel efficiency they'd be the first to get it.

FCA sure likes to make things complicated with all the powertrain variants out there.
Sponsored