Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I can see both sides of the arguement. On the one hand I do believe the operator of a vehicle is fully responsible for that vehicle and everything that happens and on the other I am grateful for driver aids and safety features as well. A few weeks after I bought my Jeep I was driving to work when a Police officer pulled out in front of me. I recognized the danger before any automatic braking system would have, but it still required maximum brake pressure to avoid hitting him. Without the ABS I would have slid right into his cruiser.

All of this arguing in here over safety... people should find the middle ground. A safe roadway requires safety conscious drivers that operate vehicles that will still withstand an impact from those people that do make mistakes(or completely disregards the safety of others)
Sponsored

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
First post-

I *have* been anxiously awaiting to order my 2019 Wrangler. As many of us do prior to getting something we are excited about, I began doing research on the new Wrangler. The problem is, I was watching a youtube video and saw where the safety ratings on these things looked terrible.

Is this factual? Are these things rated as bad as they appear to be? Am i the only one this really bothers or do most people just not know about it?

Unless I learn something different from this post, and even as much as I want one, I just don't see a scenario I would feel comfortable putting my family in one.

Is anyone else having these same sorts of feelings/issues?

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
There is already a thread on this. The European test helps small cars get good ratings by pitting everything against concrete. The reality is if you hit something, it will most likely be another vehicle. Put the wrangler against a small car that aced the test and let’s see what happens.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
go elsewhere, JLs are too unsafe, and stop with the Ralph Nader speak.

IMG_1423.JPG

Sponsored

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Do you base all of your decisions based solely on YouTube videos? Read a few articles on the actual factors leading up to the rating and make your decision.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
These are Trolls, forum needs a section called Assclown asylum, send all the trolls and whiners and their threads over to one section so they can bash jeeps, complain about quality and lousey dealer service, Consumer Reports, how every other make, model is better than Jeep, while the other 99% of us can discuss other topics relavent to their new Wrangler.

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
Motor Trend would not award SUV of the year to a death trap. However, if these are major concerns for you, perhaps Wrangler is not for you.

Sponsored

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
Yes, the forum can be a little tiresome. It seems like every few days a person joins and promptly asks a question which has been asked (and discussed, argued, explained, considered, debated, and, oh yeah, answered) many, many times before. I think that long-time members may sometimes forget that newer folks weren't around for those past threads. I don't think that these people are trolling the community though. Maybe the search engine needs tweaking? Or maybe there should be a "search before you post" pop-up?

Anyhow, regarding safety, OP: check out Poseidon's thread about rolling his JL at highway speeds. It certainly gave me a little peace of mind.

And please disregard the minivan suggestion. Nobody should ever buy a minivan under any circumstances, ever.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I agree that the forum can be a little tiresome. It seems like every few days a person joins and promptly asks a question which has been asked (and discussed, argued, explained, considered, debated, and, oh yeah, answered) many, many times before. I don't think that these people are trolling the community though. Maybe the search engine needs tweaking? Or maybe there should be a "search before you post" pop-up?

Anyhow, regarding safety, OP: check out Poseidon's thread about rolling his JL at highway speeds. It certainly gave me a little peace of mind.

And please disregard the minivan suggestion. Nobody should ever buy a minivan under any circumstances, ever.
I disagree with your last comment. There is a crowd out there that are a match to the minivan. I rather have them buying them so I can easily spot them and stay alert. :bandit::movember:

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Yes, the forum can be a little tiresome. It seems like every few days a person joins and promptly asks a question which has been asked (and discussed, argued, explained, considered, debated, and, oh yeah, answered) many, many times before. I think that long-time members may sometimes forget that newer folks weren't around for those past threads. I don't think that these people are trolling the community though. Maybe the search engine needs tweaking? Or maybe there should be a "search before you post" pop-up?

Umm...I have a minivan and a Jeep. No way I’m taking 3 kids in a Rubicon on 10 hour road trips

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
That little magnifying glass at the top is your friend. :headbang:
Sponsored