taram

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Hey, everyone! It's been a while - I hope you all have had some great summer regardless all the madness around. Just wanted to share with you another small upgrade that I find very useful in everyday driving - hood gas lifts. I always hated to open the hood, then to pull out the rod, insert it into the place - brrr... Now everything as simple as just to unlock the side latches and push the hood a bit up - it lifts further itself like in any other car. I know the original construction was made to let you open the hood at maximum and keep it on windshield - but let's be honest, how often you need this option?... Still if I need it for some reason - I can simply disconnect the gas lifts. Definitely recommend the upgrade! Cheers!

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3744.JPG

IMG_3745.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
taram

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
very clean install, and useful...
do you have a link to the gas lifts?
Actually I brought it from my trip to Moscow, so I can't provide you with some useful link in English as this is a Russian manufacturer that produces such lifts for a huge variety of different cars. There are some options available on eBay, but the price is 2-3 times higher than what I paid (around 30 euros), and most of them feature the gas units fixed to the mounts that need to be unscrewed in order to be removed, which I personally find not very convenient . My lifts just click onto the round mounts and can be easily unclicked if needed - here's a picture of my set:

img.jpg

OP
OP
taram

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)