First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Owners manual say the 2.0t can run up to 15% ethanol. Not sure about the v-6.

Sponsored

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
E15 will be higher Octane than the same mix of E10. All fuel stuff is very confusing for people.

Ethanol free gas is basically 90 octane. Which is lower than recommended in many jeeps.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I can get pure gas, but it's $1 more per gallon, and yes it's 90 octane. I usually just get it for the lawn equipment and tractor.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Biden ‘s new game changer with E15 will kill your motor. Stay away, its a trick to get more people to move to electric. Which is old bad trick, stay away from oil based fuels. Google fossil fuels 2030, its a plan to remove gas fuel cars and trucks from the system.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
All of a sudden you’ll see manufacturers move the numbers up to E15. Glad I live where I live, and can get 100% gas at a normal price.
Biden ‘s new game changer with E15 will kill your motor. Stay away, its a trick to get more people to move to electric. Which is old bad trick, stay away from oil based fuels. Google fossil fuels 2030, its a plan to remove gas fuel cars and trucks from the system.
Tuners have been running E30 or E85, especially in boosted applications for the last 2 decades with huge success. It's higher octane, it runs much cooler, and as a result is much more resistant to knock. Yes it results in lower fuel efficiency. Yes it is hydrophilic, which is not good for vehicles that sit a lot or in very humid environments. Our jlu is boosted, rarely does a tank of fuel last more than 2 weeks, and humidity is almost nonexistent out west. It won't kill your engine, and especially in a turbo ot will likely make it live a longer, happier, and more powerful life.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Personally I'd prefer E0, put gasoline in the automobile, and Corn and EtOH in the people.

That being said, E10 has been the standard for decades and consistently used in my 02 Civic (270K mi) with no issues. I don't know if I buy the "high humidity" argument as I've lived in FL for as long as they've mixed in Ethanol and never had any issues. Given that the Jeep manual gives the thumbs up to E15, I'll use it in mine without reservation.

Edit: As I understand it the ~$0.10 savings per gallon will be evaporated by the lower fuel mileage.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Personally I'd prefer E0, put gasoline in the automobile, and Corn and EtOH in the people... As I understand it the ~$0.10 savings per gallon will be evaporated by the lower fuel mileage.
This.

But Government: "At a time when food prices are facing crippling inflationary pressures, let's take more of that food and make fuel from it."

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
All of a sudden you’ll see manufacturers move the numbers up to E15. Glad I live where I live, and can get 100% gas at a normal price.
Braggart!!! I’m jealous!!!😉
Sponsored