Ethanol mixes ok in Jeep?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I'm really concerned more about my boat.

I don't really care about the Jeep in this respect.
Don’t put it in your boat, then. 🤷‍♂️

No one is saying that all gas will be E15, only that E15 will be available during the summer where it’s already sold (at the expense of air quality, supposedly).

My boat requires 93 octane, which will hurt my wallet more than usual this summer. Ethanol is terrible for boats, but mine is 22 years old and has never seen anything except E10…
Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager

No one is saying that all gas will be E15, only that E15 will be available during the summer where it’s already sold (at the expense of air quality, supposedly).

My boat requires 93 octane, which will hurt my wallet more than usual this summer. Ethanol is terrible for boats, but mine is 22 years old and has never seen anything except E10…
Thanks for your perspective. Doesn't change anything.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time

I know this isn't Jeep specific, but where I live the pumps at marinas have "pure" gas, no ethanol added. The problem is the pumps at regular stations. They have E10 now, but will move to E15. Doesn't impact Jeeps, but it does impact just about every motorcycle on the road, which isn't certified by the EPA to use E15.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I know this isn't Jeep specific, but where I live the pumps at marinas have "pure" gas, no ethanol added. The problem is the pumps at regular stations. They have E10 now, but will move to E15. Doesn't impact Jeeps, but it does impact just about every motorcycle on the road, which isn't certified by the EPA to use E15.
Gas at our marina is super expensive and is still E10. I suffer lugging gas cans around because I refuse to pay such a huge premium.

The only place I can get pure gas is from a Sunoco station that sells it in drums for race cars. Might be some actual pumps at the smaller airports or near Lime Rock race track.

For my leaf blower and weed whacker I get TruFuel, which is premixed and ethanol free.

Anyway, my point was that my boat is old and E10 has not caused it any harm. I do treat the fuel with SeaFoam when storing for winter.

I don’t see E15 coming to my state anytime soon. If it eventually does, I’m sure marinas will happily provide options for a massive markup.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
E15.. no way in hell, would I run that crap in my Wranglers. But everybody to their own.
Sponsored