First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Stoked to finally unveil the Hinge Carrier for the JL.

We are in the process of manufacturing to have units on the shelf for a February release date. All info will be loaded on the website in February of next year and dealers and customers will be able to order on the same day.
With the additional length of the JL hinge It comes in a little more than the JK at $799 retail.

Thanks for all your continued patience and support! February can't come soon enough.
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Stoked to finally unveil the Hinge Carrier for the JL.

We are in the process of manufacturing to have units on the shelf for a February release date. All info will be loaded on the website in February of next year and dealers and customers will be able to order on the same day.
With the additional length of the JL hinge It comes in a little more than the JK at $799 retail.

Thanks for all your continued patience and support! February can't come soon enough.
For $800 are you going to manufacture it here in America?

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Some parts are being manufactured at our facility in Taiwan. As with some TeraFlex parts, they are designed, engineered, and assembled in-house from domestic and globally sourced components. And all held to the same level of quality.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
For $800 are you going to manufacture it here in America?
Good question. Unfortunately our quest for low prices sometimes drives us offshore. That said, the lack of quality of foreign products is more a result of the low price points demanded than any inherent inability to make quality products. I'd rather pay more for American made, but the pinky swear is they have to use the extra revenue to do it right. Quality costs more - no matter where it's made.

Good, fast, cheap: choose any two. No one has ever mastered the ability to do all three (at once).

I used to be an AEV fan, but they keep missing on "fast" and "cheap". I have the Teraflex adjustable spare tire carrier and it's quite well designed (and built)

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Good question. Unfortunately our quest for low prices sometimes drives us offshore. That said, the lack of quality of foreign products is more a result of the low price points demanded than any inherent inability to make quality products. I'd rather pay more for American made, but the pinky swear is they have to use the extra revenue to do it right. Quality costs more - no matter where it's made.

Good, fast, cheap: choose any two. No one has ever mastered the ability to do all three (at once).

I used to be an AEV fan, but they keep missing on "fast" and "cheap".
You can actually purchase an American Made spare tire carrier by Motobilt. Here's the kicker, MSRP has it at $150 less than what Teraflex wants, and the Motobilt option can carry a bigger tire. If American made is what you're after, this is an option.

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Can you expand on the accessories you guys are working on for it?

Earlier it was mentioned the hilift mount will work on it, is this still true?

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Since it's been shown off now, will you be able to use the stock tire carrier on it?
@TeraFlex thank you for the update. I’m assuming $799 is for the hinge reinforcement and tire carrier. What is the price for the hinge reinforcement alone?
I'd like to know, too. I just bought an Alpha and was looking at adding the hinge.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm pretty sure 799 is for the hinge only.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I hope you're right!

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I sure hope that price is for both pieces. Otherwise I will sell the Alpha mount and go a different direction.

Mtnmoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (SnowFlake)
I sure hope that price is for both pieces. Otherwise I will sell the Alpha mount and go a different direction.
Watching the SEMA "release" video on IGTV leads me to believe they are going to maintain 2 distinct SKUs, the hinge reinforcement and the tire carrier.
Total cost, if this is the case, will be North of a grand for a Teraflex solution to carry your 37"+ tire.
Talk about a flex solution! I'm now very glad I sold my Alpha and have decided to go Motobilt for my bumpers, armor and hinge reinforcement.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You can actually purchase an American Made spare tire carrier by Motobilt. Here's the kicker, MSRP has it at $150 less than what Teraflex wants, and the Motobilt option can carry a bigger tire. If American made is what you're after, this is an option.
Except it's bare metal and will cost $150 to powder coat...................
Sponsored