ETA of Alpha Tailgate Reinforcement

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
Unfortunately with all that has been going on with Covid-19 production has slowed a bit. Unfortunately we will not be an exhibitor during SEMA this year. And will most likely be releasing the JL hinge around the first of the year 2021.
Any updates as we are nearing September?
Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I feel like I am going to have to go another direction. I have been waiting on this a while and I am tired of the rattles from my tailgate. Plus I plan to upgrade bumpers soon so will also need to relocate my licence plate. Looking at either Cavfab or Motobilt.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I feel like I am going to have to go another direction. I have been waiting on this a while and I am tired of the rattles from my tailgate. Plus I plan to upgrade bumpers soon so will also need to relocate my licence plate. Looking at either Cavfab or Motobilt.
Same situation, ended up going with Maximus 3, very pleased.

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
What is frustrating is that they knew they needed to have a tailgate reinforcement product to go along with their carrier, but released the Alpha Tire Carrier "half-baked" without the tailgate reinforcement. Last year I communicated with them and got "it'll be out end of 2019" and then "the beginning of 2020" which kept slipping and slipping. I saw them at a show and asked about it and got "it's being worked on and it's coming soon." Now it was supposed to be released at SEMA, then SEMA gets cancelled and it's going to be released in 2021 now?? The Alpha Carrier is a nice product and I do like it, but that 37 hanging off the back is rattling a bit too much now.

But horrible product forecasting and planning by Teraflex.

-Tom

Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
What is frustrating is that they knew they needed to have a tailgate reinforcement product to go along with their carrier, but released the Alpha Tire Carrier "half-baked" without the tailgate reinforcement. Last year I communicated with them and got "it'll be out end of 2019" and then "the beginning of 2020" which kept slipping and slipping. I saw them at a show and asked about it and got "it's being worked on and it's coming soon." Now it was supposed to be released at SEMA, then SEMA gets cancelled and it's going to be released in 2021 now?? The Alpha Carrier is a nice product and I do like it, but that 37 hanging off the back is rattling a bit too much now.

But horrible product forecasting and planning by Teraflex.

-Tom
Not to excuse everything, but this has been an atypical year with supply-chain disruptions in every industry. I've had similar slipping schedules by other manufacturers in this and other industries.

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Not to excuse everything, but this has been an atypical year with supply-chain disruptions in every industry. I've had similar slipping schedules by other manufacturers in this and other industries.
Absolutely agree about the impact the pandemic has caused on supply-chain disruptions. But I still don't think they should have ever released the carrier without the tailgate reinforcement and the messaging last year was it would come EOY 2019 then early 2020.

Plus, if you have a product, show some photos and let people decide if they like what they are seeing. Tease us to keep us interested.

-Tom

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Kinda curious here too. Was hoping for more Mopar support for their tailgate reinforcement but no dice yet. This would solve the jack irritation I have.

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
I'm going to jump in on this. I've got new tires coming in the next few weeks and will need a solution. Some of you guys are amazingly patient. I'll give this a bit of time and would really love to have the @TeraFlex carrier and hinge system. Do any of you guys have suggestions on full kits or hinge kit + tire carrier?

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have the mopar one. It does it sjob but it lacks accessories like teraflex did for the jk.

I'm looking for a solid hinlift mount in the back and the one I have rattles like crazy and let's the jack sway a lot. If mopar finally comes out with the accessories they teased or someone releases s good hinlift mount for it I'm passing on teraflex.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Still waiting for hinge reinforcement. Bought the tire carrier when it was first released. They’ve probably lost a ton of potential sales by not releasing something for the hinges by now. Considering the rugged ridge one.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Still waiting for hinge reinforcement. Bought the tire carrier when it was first released. They’ve probably lost a ton of potential sales by not releasing something for the hinges by now. Considering the rugged ridge one.
They're not in a hurry to do anything about the hinges because it's not required for the 37" and down crowd.

The market is there to fit a 37" tire on the JL, so they released the Alpha Carrier.

I ran a 37" tire on the back of my first JL for damn near 2 years, wheeled hard, and it's still going with no issues. @mgroeger owns that Jeep now. (30k+ miles on Fat Ninja.)

I'm running a 37" on my current JL, as well.

There just isn't any reason to dump money into a hinged carrier, especially when the supply chains are all screwed up from Covid. A Hinged carrier or Hinge reinforcement just isn't needed for the masses. Get the reinforcement bracket and the alpha carrier and you'll be good to go for years to come.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
They're not in a hurry to do anything about the hinges because it's not required for the 37" and down crowd.

The market is there to fit a 37" tire on the JL, so they released the Alpha Carrier.

I ran a 37" tire on the back of my first JL for damn near 2 years, wheeled hard, and it's still going with no issues. @mgroeger owns that Jeep now. (30k+ miles on Fat Ninja.)

I'm running a 37" on my current JL, as well.

There just isn't any reason to dump money into a hinged carrier, especially when the supply chains are all screwed up from Covid. A Hinged carrier or Hinge reinforcement just isn't needed for the masses. Get the reinforcement bracket and the alpha carrier and you'll be good to go for years to come.
Fat Ninja still running well with Mopar reinforcement and alpha carrier. We are running the chinese knock off version of the Mopar carrier on my wife's Jeep with the Rough Country relocation plate and stock carrier. Been running that setup since March w no problems. We are each running KMC beadlocks and 37" Coopers that combo weighs in around 118 lbs.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Well I’ve only got a 35 back there and everything is OK so far but each time I close the rear gate it wobbles too much for my liking. I shudder to think what strain it will endure when I go to 37 soon. I suppose it’s encouraging to hear that those of you who’ve already got heavy 37s hanging on the back feel like everything is alright. But I’m still going to reinforce it when the Teraflex part is available. Hopefully on schedule early next year.
Sponsored