ETA of Alpha Tailgate Reinforcement

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
Unfortunately with all that has been going on with Covid-19 production has slowed a bit. Unfortunately we will not be an exhibitor during SEMA this year. And will most likely be releasing the JL hinge around the first of the year 2021.
Any updates as we are nearing September?

Advertisement

jdhunt0

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I feel like I am going to have to go another direction. I have been waiting on this a while and I am tired of the rattles from my tailgate. Plus I plan to upgrade bumpers soon so will also need to relocate my licence plate. Looking at either Cavfab or Motobilt.

Bocephus

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '14 C63 AMG, '18 Expedition Platinum
I feel like I am going to have to go another direction. I have been waiting on this a while and I am tired of the rattles from my tailgate. Plus I plan to upgrade bumpers soon so will also need to relocate my licence plate. Looking at either Cavfab or Motobilt.
Same situation, ended up going with Maximus 3, very pleased.

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
What is frustrating is that they knew they needed to have a tailgate reinforcement product to go along with their carrier, but released the Alpha Tire Carrier "half-baked" without the tailgate reinforcement. Last year I communicated with them and got "it'll be out end of 2019" and then "the beginning of 2020" which kept slipping and slipping. I saw them at a show and asked about it and got "it's being worked on and it's coming soon." Now it was supposed to be released at SEMA, then SEMA gets cancelled and it's going to be released in 2021 now?? The Alpha Carrier is a nice product and I do like it, but that 37 hanging off the back is rattling a bit too much now.

But horrible product forecasting and planning by Teraflex.

-Tom

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport 2Dr
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
What is frustrating is that they knew they needed to have a tailgate reinforcement product to go along with their carrier, but released the Alpha Tire Carrier "half-baked" without the tailgate reinforcement. Last year I communicated with them and got "it'll be out end of 2019" and then "the beginning of 2020" which kept slipping and slipping. I saw them at a show and asked about it and got "it's being worked on and it's coming soon." Now it was supposed to be released at SEMA, then SEMA gets cancelled and it's going to be released in 2021 now?? The Alpha Carrier is a nice product and I do like it, but that 37 hanging off the back is rattling a bit too much now.

But horrible product forecasting and planning by Teraflex.

-Tom
Not to excuse everything, but this has been an atypical year with supply-chain disruptions in every industry. I've had similar slipping schedules by other manufacturers in this and other industries.

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Not to excuse everything, but this has been an atypical year with supply-chain disruptions in every industry. I've had similar slipping schedules by other manufacturers in this and other industries.
Absolutely agree about the impact the pandemic has caused on supply-chain disruptions. But I still don't think they should have ever released the carrier without the tailgate reinforcement and the messaging last year was it would come EOY 2019 then early 2020.

Plus, if you have a product, show some photos and let people decide if they like what they are seeing. Tease us to keep us interested.

-Tom

Advertisement

Tri-City Jeep

Advertisement